1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Best Suede Shoe for Summer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gus, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

they look like churches MUD tone?

I don't know what that is. They are American white bucks.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Spoo, I wear (suede and leather) chukka's year round but I am not a fan of light colored suede, can't really explain why. They just always seem very stark in an outfit.

pocketsquare, I used to be a chiseled last fan, now I am heading into the other direction, maybe it is my age. I think ity goes better with my prference for tapered pants. I much prefer round toes/soft square toes now and my last three purchases were actually mid to dark suede round toe shoes/boots.

For some reason, I actually like the contrast of dark suede with light colored clothing. Can't explain why.

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I don't know what that is. They are American white bucks.

churches have a suede tone call mud, yours look quite similar!

4. Mac

Mac Senior Member

I saw a pair of black suede shoes last week and just fell in love. There was something perfect about them.

5. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I am not a fan of light colored suede, can't really explain why. They just always seem very stark in an outfit.
    I grew up wearing light colored desert boots, year-round, especially Clarks. We couldn't wait to get them dirty and broken in. I like that broken in look for a casual shoe.

6. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Those are awesome, gnatty has a pair. Did a quick search, but unfortunately his waywrn pics were hosted on imageshack...

7. srivats

srivats Distinguished Member

These have become my favourite non-shell shoes. I am thinking of getting a pair in snuff suede soon.

[​IMG]

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Distinguished Member

Bought these from Paul Stuart for the summer - love'em:

[​IMG]

9. Big A

Big A Distinguished Member

I love suede shoes. But tobacco or cinnamon can look a little dark with some summer clothing. I've tried white bucks on and off again since the 80's and always felt they were "a little too much". I ran across these Alden suede shoes on the Ben Silver web site. They seem to be the ideal color and style for spring and summer. [​IMG]
    I just got some Alden chukkas in this color, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to wear them with. Jeans seem a bit too dark for them, khakis are obviously out, I don't wear white pants, they seem a bit too informal for grey summer weight pants. So far I only like them with medium blue, and it seems kind of dumb to keep them if I can't wear em with anything. Suggestions?

10. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

Bought these from Paul Stuart for the summer - love'em: [​IMG]
    Damn those are pointy. Got a knife blade built in like the Russian chick in From Russia With Love? [​IMG]

11. alliswell

alliswell Distinguished Member

+1 for gnatty's Alden's. The snuff Peal halfbrogues are a good color too, and I think that espresso works also.

12. alliswell

alliswell Distinguished Member

Spoo, I wear (suede and leather) chukka's year round but I am not a fan of light colored suede, can't really explain why. They just always seem very stark in an outfit.

pocketsquare, I used to be a chiseled last fan, now I am heading into the other direction, maybe it is my age. I think ity goes better with my prference for tapered pants. I much prefer round toes/soft square toes now and my last three purchases were actually mid to dark suede round toe shoes/boots.

For some reason, I actually like the contrast of dark suede with light colored clothing. Can't explain why.

Light suede is not your season (no homoo).

How tapered are your pants?

13. A Curated Style

A Curated Style New Member

McNairy white and navy sueded saddle shoes.. cant get any hotter - or cooler [​IMG]

14. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior Member

Very much so... Clarks are the best bang for the buck

agreed, gotta love clarks

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

cedar and tabaco suede i think for summer both are ok esp the tabacco it is quite light IRL and dont got get also IRL tabacco tones depend on region and their tar content haha

[​IMG]