• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best Saville Row tailors?

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
I followed the advice of Dopey and took a stroll down "The Row' back in late February.

Maurice Sedwell had the look I desired. They do come to L.A. for future fittings, but at $8000 for a 4 piece suit, I passed

I am not sure if the following matters to you or not, Michael (the following does, in fact, matter to many people) and it is a bit off topic, but here it goes:

All aspects of the production for all clothing from all bespoke clothing makers throughout Italy (among them, A. or Augusto/Mario Caraceni Milano, Domenico/Guilio and Tommy Caraceni Roma, Ferdinando Caraceni Milano, Rubinacci Milano and Rubinacci Napoli) and Maurice Sedwell (the one and only Savile Row tailor that all of the following applies to) is exclusively done in house or on the premises (and never outsourced to be done by anybody anywhere off the premises or out of house).

All of the information above is from the following: articles in clothing magazines, all of the tailors above heavily marketing and promoting all of the above and experiences from other clothing forum members on the numerous clothing forums that they shared with their fellow clothing forum members.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The outsourcing matter has been around for decades...
Some Savile row have always employed external workers to do specific tasks and to save some rent money by reducing the mere size of the operation...
Savile Row is a very expensive address and some hedge funds were and still are in Mayfair searching for more office space..
Outsourcing doesn't mean lower quality if you know the people you outsource to...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newtrane
The best Savile Row tailor is Darren Beaman.

You should research his reputation before making this assertion.

Loggia

Reaction score
from my experience there are no 'best' tailors on the Row. It's just a matter of personal preference. Whether you like traditional or modern.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Anyone know the 4 piece suit prices of Savile Row's Paul Jheeta?

I hear he cuts a mean kurta pajama and nehru jacket.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I don't think that he is an active independent tailor at the current time. It is hard to say if the dream of Ultimate Bespoke will ever live again. - B
I asked James at Dormeuil today how much a custom cloth would cost to commision. If it was of Amadeus quality I can't see how any tailor would charge less than $15000 purely for cloth. It would be extremely wastefull as well because you have to buy two pieces at 70 yards each. Still if anyones game..........
thumbs-up.gif

hip_priest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
All of the prices above (all of which are exclusive of the following: the 20% value added tax for all of Europe in and outside of the United Kingdom and far too many other miscellaneous costs to mention) are with the most up to date exchange rates between the Euro and Great British Pound, Euro and United States Cent and Dollar and Great British Pound and United States Cent and Dollar.
Are you sure about the exchange rates you have used? I suspect that you have the EUR numbers and the GBP numbers transposed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads