• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best Pork Tenderloin I've Ever Eaten

GrillinFool

Reaction score
I made a couple tenderloins over the weekend. First time I brined a pork tenderloin. Oh sweet jeebus. I've never had such a tender and juicy tenderloin.

I made the loins two different ways. One with a Burgundy Wine Sweet Marinade/Glaze and the other with a Brazilian Beef rub my dad used on the brisket recently. Nice combo. One was sweet and one was spicy.

Here's a link to the write up with all the steps and the pictures, including the salami and coppa I put on top of the tenderloins as they smoked so they could baste the meat as the fat rendered out of them and made a great chef's prerogative to snack on during the cooking process.

On the Grill:

RSPL17.jpg

70 minutes of smoke at about 190 degrees:

RSPL21.jpg

Time to chow on the salami and coppa before searing:

RSPL24.jpg

Ready to slice:

RSPL301.jpg

Plated with some corn I grilled naked, some shrimps and a great Pinot:

RSPL31.jpg

And a bonus picture of what you can do with the leftovers. Pork Tenderloin sammich!!

RSPLs4.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice job on the ternderloins. At first I thought you'd trussed the individual ones, but the two tied together is a nice touch and easier to deal with.

GrillinFool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Nice job on the ternderloins. At first I thought you'd trussed the individual ones, but the two tied together is a nice touch and easier to deal with.

And the only way to get any real smoke flavor into the meat. Individually they will be cooked through before the smoke does its magic...

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Brining makes everything so much better. When I do tenderloin I like to deglaze the pan with a nice red and then throw in some fruit for a nice sweet & sour reduction. But now I might try a spicy rub next time.

GrillinFool

Reaction score
Here's the write up on the corn that I grilled naked. Big fan of cooking corn on the grill. Usually throw it in on the grill in the husk, sometimes I soak it in water ahead of time sometimes I don't. Rotate it a few times till the husk is all black and then make an absolute mess shucking the corn and burning my hands in the process. But then someone told me to try it naked. And I did the last two weekends with the pork tenderloins. Shucked the corn before I put it on the grill and then slathered it with a tarragon/oregano/garlic butter while I grilled it. This is now my go to method for grilling corn. The charred kernels had a certain sweetness that I just don't get when I do it in the husk. Here's the recipe for the butter and step by step, picture by picture of the corn preparation. And of course the salivation pictures:
NC1.jpg
NC4.jpg
NC7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads