1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by inimitable, Dec 27, 2013.

1. troika

troika Distinguished Member

I just perused b&s and I think there's just less stuff posted now. And tbh not a ton that I would post here.

2. earthdragon

earthdragon Distinguished Member

Ah... the 2006 - 2008 days of SF....
    B&S was like selling ice to Eskimoes....

3. Kind-hearted Rascal

Kind-hearted Rascal Member

4. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior Member

5. Kind-hearted Rascal

Kind-hearted Rascal Member

6. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

@everyone who said nice things about me + the good old days...

I'm still here, mostly lurking, and have't yet found a reasonably fluid way to post the way I used to; I built a chrome plugin that automated a lot and made it super easy but the switch to the new platform made it near impossible to do the same thing from the outside. Also, possibly by way of chicken-and-egg, B&S has slipped even further from the wobbly perch it was clinging too and just doesn't have the inventory it once did (sigh).

I'm still here and eager if the world changes, but I sadly think we've crossed a can't-get-back line. The Grailed's of the world have outdone B&S as a marketplace and the last (I think, best) differentiator went away when the inline threads/discussion/bumps disappeared. That was what made it more of a market and less of a store front, which is what everything has now morphed to.

Not to restart a belly aching about "the good old days!!!" but, dang it, I miss it too...

7. Schweino

Schweino Senior Member

@LA Guy any chance of getting the old B&S format back? Since the current format clearly isn't working for the majority of the SF community.

8. Nikola

Nikola Distinguished Member

I've noticed a major decline in good stuff generally - everywhere ..

The eBay used to have far better selection of high quality shoes like John Lobb, Edward Green or CJ just two years ago .. Now barely anything decent shows up .. Not sure what is the reason, but could be that flippers are getting harder and harder to make their money with recent Factory shop prices + those brutal ~15% pp+ebay fees .. You can sporadically find some buyers remorse styles, but hardly any popular styles for decent money .. My point of view anyway ..

9. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

Good deals are gone for a long time, don’t expect the good old day to come back until next recession

10. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

11. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior Member