1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by inimitable, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Yeah, I've had several items sit for a while, enough that I changed my mind, closed the ad, wore it for a while, and re-opened and had it sell many many months later.

On the other hand, there is definitely stuff I thought would sell right away that I end up just sitting on forever. It is kind of annoying cause I actually want to do a big clear out, but it doesn't inspire confidence this is the way to do it.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

It's a different market but I agree that things eventually move. As reluctant I am to put things on the Bay, things do move much faster there, at least for the stuff I typically rotate, which are shoes.

Here is a great Jodhpur. I wish EG had a version with the strap pointing down (e.g., JL):
    EG Jodhpur AND Trees

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

+1

5. europrep

europrep Senior member

Those EG are very nice...I was considering them until I realized it was 8.5US and not 8.5UK.

The ability to sort by size would be a huge boost to B&S IMHO. Add it as a required field when completing the classified, then people can more efficiently sort through the inventory.

2 people like this.
  6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Actually, I think the ability to sort New from Used would be an even bigger boost.

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Isn't it a 9US?

I'm generally confused about EG sizing. When it says 8.5/9, does it mean that it's 8.5UK/9US (size conversion), or does it mean "could work for a 8.5US or 9US"?

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

The boots are 8 1/2 UK and 9 US. For EG, the left of the "/" is UK while to the right is US; E width is their standard. I have a number of EG. G&G also follows a similar sizing measure.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but this is in the works (no ETA yet). The B&S side wasn't set up very intuitively, so some technical changes just aren't feasible and others require quite a bit of backend work by forumites. There is also something else being worked on that will clean up B&S - stay posted.

Think one of these may be already listed, but if not:

10. europrep

europrep Senior member

Thanks. Seller put 8.5US in the headline, so that is where I had confusion. Not familiar with EG sizing. I am a fairly standard 9.5US (9UK in G&G) so it sounds like these would be a bit too small.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Some say G&G runs tight so I know some people size up but I wear the same EG and G&G sizes (6.5E).

12. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

+100000

Especially for those looking for less-common sizes.

13. Keen

Keen Senior member

Agreed! Being 54L, it's kinda a pain in the ass going thru tons of stuff without finding anything that fits. Oh well, kind on my wallet I guess.

and shirts are even worse.

At least people are great at writing out full measurements.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  14. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

15. razl

razl Senior member

I've got a hankering to try and start linking more affordable items; not just the grails and the oh-so-awesome sartoriale's of the world, but items that are really good quality and just may be flying under the radar. Here's my first shot.

Amoung other things, jrd817 has a very nice Samuelsohn for JP Tilford houndstooth with a slightsubtle overlaid windowpane. I think this is being missed by a lot of people because they don't recognize Samuelsohn. jrd has a link in his post to more info but I'll sum up: Samuelsohn is a high quality men's garment manufacturer that doesn't do fashion - they make real, honest to goodness, solid pieces. Real, traditional "mens" wear with good, solid, value and construction. This jacket, at the current price, is a steal all day long; here's hoping somebody takes advantage of it.

As an aside, the jacket looks like it will go with any trousers that you throw at it - navy, gray flannels, brown tweed. The slightly off white (cream?) of the houndstooth mixed with the tan/brown windowpane allows for a lot of options. Which is exactly what an odd jacket is for.

Size 40R Samuelsohn NWT Sportcoat Houndstooth Wool
    [​IMG]

16. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

17. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

thank you for marblehouse's work

and i think you guys miss this NWT cucinelli linen DB sc in 42L listed by marblehouse

@Hengo has some great stuffs too,like NWT sartorio & belvest

the end, a NWT eidos sc in 40.

none above is in my size[​IMG]

18. Keen

Keen Senior member

His Cucinelli and Campagna are in my size... Now if someone could just buy the shoes I'm trying to sell I'd be able to afford them [​IMG]

19. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks for the mention. It's an awesome SC. I'm really sad it doesn't fit me. Hoping someone will purchase it so that I can purchase the SC @razl quoted. Have been looking at it for three days now.

20. razl

razl Senior member

1 person likes this.