• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/t/377755/gaziano-girling-st-james-ii-vintage-cherry-uk-size-11

I think these retail for appx. 750 GBP so quite a nice discount for G&G's barely showing any signs of wear on the soles. Plus a very nice color.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is the point of this thread, nobody is buying anything on B&S anymore no matter what the deal is. I let go of some Lattanzis at $200 and that was so low I was more tempted to just give them to goodwill.

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is the point of this thread, nobody is buying anything on B&S anymore no matter what the deal is. I let go of some Lattanzis at $200 and that was so low I was more tempted to just give them to goodwill.

One of the previously mentioned problems is that the marketplace doesn't operate efficiently: browsing is like finding the right insect trapped in a massive spiderweb. It also doesn't operate congenially: offering items below value/group participation has shifted to threads in MC/SW&D. Perhaps with a better organized web with spid...; I'll end this analogy for everyone's sake.

A consequence is that price cuts don't work to generate sales like they did before - it's mostly a negotiation against yourself until the right buyer comes along. Some sellers may drop and see a sale, but others may end up dropping the price well below "market value" - making the selling process somewhat frustrating.

But the takeaway for me is that the B&S will start to do better once buyers start to remember the benefits of having a labyrinthine market. There is such a culture of finding interesting items in the thrift thread/general forum and the B&S items are from people who spend time on a site learning and conversing about clothing. Maybe the outlet clearance deals aren't there, but there are still Lattanzis for $200, MTO shoes, custom made SCs, and ties from makers you would have never seen. You can't simply browse #menswear or #sw&d on commercial websites/affiliate threads without relying on a specific selection curated by an individual or company - or a preset search limited by your own knowledge. I've stumbled across so many nice items and brands that I may have never known about had it not been for the B&S.

That experience is a good enough reason to keep me posting and shopping.

+1 to Marblehouse for doing an excellent tumblr like culling of B&S.

Those were all posted/renewed within ~ 5 days. These were all within ~ month:

2 outrageously nice La Vera items for a song: Blue Gray SC US 46 & Navy overcoat/rain jacket

EG Galways in one of my favorite rustic elegant makeups - 10/10.5 82

Pure Cash Borrelli - 42

Vass megathread

Howard Yount Summer Hopsack - 36

Panta Navy 6 Fold

G&G Hayes - 7/7.5

Stuart's Choice Cap Toes - 9.5

EG Suede Chukkas withvarnished RLPL trees 10/10.5 - $375

Isaia Donegal Wool/Cash/Silk - 40

EGs - 10/10.5

RLPL Camel Hair Vest - M

Alden Shell Cord and Vass 43.5/10.5

Attolini per Domenico Vacca Grey Suit ~42

EG Loafers 11.5/12

Panta shantung and grenadine

Marshall Anthony (U.S. handmade) Sand Linen and Navy Plaid Wool Ties

Marinella Ties from $89

W+H Service Boots ~10.5

Corthay Vendome 8.5

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped! Thanks Gentlemen.

My contribution to get things back on track.

I know it's cold and freezing in most of the world outside of Florida (hey, it's chilly here) - but you have to think ahead. This is a spring/summer winner - Borrelli, 100% cashmere, partially lined, and I love the speckling; it's almost like a take on a donegal. Even at a trim 42R it's just a bit too big for me - from http://www.styleforum.net/t/370920/bnwt-l-borrelli-100-cashmere-jacket-spectacular-fabric/0_100

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to contemplate the smartness of my decision to subscribe to this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads