• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The best Neapolitan ties

QuarantaLocatel

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. So Cilento and Marinella use very similar construction technique. You prefer Kiton (they make their own I assume) as they are handmade. Who else in Napoli makes their own handmade ties? Capelli? Quarantalocatelli?
Dear Brax, thank you for your question, our ties are totally hand made. I could say: Of course!

Quaranta Locatelli - Napoli

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first batch of @SartodiNapoli ties.

Bespoke 7 folds, lined with a thin layer of wool and cotton, untipped with handrolled edges, 145cm x 9cm. I do not own any Cappelli's but I do own several Vandas and Sarto's ties compare very favorably, as they have more folds they hang better and the handstitching is slightly finer. They do a nicer and more substantial knot due to the higher number of folds. Vanda has a very good selection of unusual fabrics (including japanese silks) and their website works very good so I will continue order from both, as they do a different kind of tie, but I think Sarto's quality of construction is better.

Service was very good and Sarto has been very attentive during the process of ordering and shipping. I'm looking forward to order some grenadines, but this will be next month haha

Best,

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my first batch of @SartodiNapoli ties. 

Bespoke 7 folds, lined with a thin layer of wool and cotton, untipped with handrolled edges, 145cm x 9cm. I do not own any Cappelli's but I do own several Vandas and Sarto's ties compare very favorably, as they have more folds they hang better and the handstitching is slightly finer. They do a nicer and more substantial knot due to the higher number of folds. Vanda has a very good selection of unusual fabrics (including japanese silks) and their website works very good so I will continue order from both, as they do a different kind of tie, but I think Sarto's quality of construction is better.

Service was very good and Sarto has been very attentive during the process of ordering and shipping. I'm looking forward to order some grenadines, but this will be next month haha

He's been very attentive to me as well in showing fabrics; now I just have to decide!

QuarantaLocatel

Reaction score
These are the neapolitan brands mentioned by Dmitry_Vasfilov in the previous interesting article.

Some Neapolitan brands offering ties:
  • A.Quaranta Locatelli
  • Cappelli Cappelli
  • Cesare Attolini Cesare Attolini
  • Cilento Cilento
  • Errico Formicola Errico Formicola
  • Finamore Finamore
  • Francesco Marino Francesco Marino
  • Giorgio Napoli Giorgio Napoli
  • Isaia Isaia
  • Kiton Kiton
  • Luigi Borrelli Luigi Borrelli
  • Riviera Riviera
  • Ulturale Ulturale

Jim Chu

Reaction score
For the last year I've been wearing Kenji Kaga (f/k/a TieYourTie). They are beautiful and unique.
I'll post some pics later.

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 16.7%