• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best men's fashion magazines?

Michael

Reaction score
I love GQ, haven't found anything useful in Esquire yet, and am starting to read Details. however, Maxim is the best magazine ever printed.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Esquire has a tradition of featuring great magazine writers, such as Jimmy Breslin, Gay Talese, Dominick Dunne and the like. I used to love reading Esquire, but haven't seen it lately so don't know how it is now. As far as fashion, I agree that Esquire, from what I've seen, doesn't offer as much as GQ. But it does have, I think, a better literary tradition.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the future, a new magazine will arise but will decline after a few issues.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like some Japanese magazines and some of their seasonal publication on suits and shoes, if only for the pictures, much more than I enjoy most of the English magazines. I do prefer Esquire UK more than I do any other English magazines.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael
I love GQ, haven't found anything useful in Esquire yet, and am starting to read Details. however, Maxim is the best magazine ever printed.

Esquire is not a fashion magazine, nor is GQ, really, though GQ more than Esquire.

Both are gentlemen's magazines, addressing lifestyle, politics etc...

I say this only because they get lumped into this discussion when none of them, even Men's Vogue aren't "fashion" exclusively.

I enjoy Esquire.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael
Maxim is the best magazine ever printed.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you own a pair of New Religion.

Bohdathone

Reaction score
Monocle is very good on fashion, although it also covers politics, business etc

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 men is kinda cool as well as anotherman.

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you own a pair of New Religion.

..what is/are New Religion? I'm just curious.

To answer the magazine question,

GQ is alright, definately fun to pick up and look at, although I'd say SF would disagree with them a good bit.

LapelQueen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bohdathone
Monocle is very good on fashion, although it also covers politics, business etc
I particularly like the men's ryokan article in the October issue. The young lady was draped quite fetchingly, too.

If not that, Vogue usually hit the mark.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I really like GQ but the amount of ads is just rediculous.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love to read the magazines, but to learn more I have definitely relied on SF! Woohoo!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads