• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The best hanger ever?

PocketCircle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Show me something better than this wood ISAIA hanger... Of course we are talking about hangers that come free with clothes.

Hans

Reaction score
Are you sure this is made of wood? It looks like a regular plastic Mainetti hanger to me. They make great hangers, but all the ones I got from them (La Vera S P, Kiton, black Isaia, Borrelli, etc.) are all made of plastic.

The red is quite striking, though.

PocketCircle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans
Are you sure this is made of wood? It looks like a regular plastic Mainetti hanger to me. They make great hangers, but all the ones I got from them (La Vera S P, Kiton, black Isaia, Borrelli, etc.) are all made of plastic.

The red is quite striking, though.

Yes, VERY heavy wood.

Guero

Reaction score
I admit, I'm envious of the new season's coal decoration at the neck of the hanger. I have a couple of the red composite ones with my Isaia suits from the previous season and they don't have the coral decoration. They ruin the uniformity of the hangers in my closet, but I make an exception for these. Great hangers.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samuelsohn hangers are also quite nice. They look almost exactly the same, but with metal extenders for the pants holder. Isaia one ups Samuelsohn in weight though. They're nice and heavy.

On another note, I'm so surprised that Ralph Lauren doesn't provide better suit hangers. Sheesh, they're terrible.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The all wooden hangers in the suites at the St. Regis in Rome are the perfect shape and sorta free of guilt.

To purchase, I think the cedar Paul Stuart ones are the best I have found but not perfect.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I NEVER use a hanger with a squarish neck. It will distort and stretch the collar of your jacket. Your neck is round, the hanger should repeat this shape. A good hanger has a forward curve/pitch to the blades the way your shoulder is as well. This hanger is good for shipping and space saving because it is flat but not for prolonged storage of your jackets.
Sometimes the sticky stuff on the hanger bar transfers to the cloth.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll see you and raise you a few:

The best one I have ever come across is the wooden (beautiful wood grain with matte finish) from Armani. The wooden bar for trousers can be slided up and down, and the metal bar used to clip the trousers to the wooden bar.

This one is from Valentino. Wood with velvet bar for trousers. This sucker weights 2-3 pounds at least.

Oxxford hangers are very nice too:

Saks hangers (one has glossy finish, and the other has matte finish)

Now I have some nice beefy hangers for sale right now...see my sig

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami