1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The best clothing you ever bought on B&S?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Jan 14, 2011.

1. NachoBroadway

NachoBroadway Senior member

Cashmere & Wool ties

2. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

$300 combined for 2 pairs of barely worn burgundy shell : Florsheim longwings and AE Hinsdale loafers

3. TintinATL

TintinATL Senior member

My best buys are one but TWO pairs of Vass Budapester that fit like they were custom-made for me. Better still, they were a bargain and I just grin every time I wear them!

Also an awesome pair of subtly colored seersucker pants by Coat by Boglioli. They look like classic seersucker but with a tiny bit of stretch and great slim cut.

Plus several great sportscoats from various sellers that I would never have found, or afforded, shopping in the usual places.

Of course, I've also had my share of mis-steps, many involving Mabitex bargains. Until I learned they just don't work for my build. [​IMG] Oh and those drop dead gorgeous suede loafers where I didn't pay attention to the AAA width marking.

4. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

JLP Phillip IIs chestnut museum calf in a 9D UK. The most beautiful and best fitting shoes I have ever owned at 60% off retail.[​IMG]

5. Eustace

Eustace Senior member

BNWT Camelhair Polo SC (Corneliani) ~$130 (Holdfast)
    Shop worn Alden for BB straight-tip blucher in #8 for $160: I wore these today and they're amazing.
    BNWT 2 Lorenzini buttondowns (huge MOP buttons) for $60
    Hermes tie ~$15
    Charcoal with faint blue pinstripe Oxxford suit- $40: No alterations, fits like a glove. Best purchase evaaa

6. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

John lobb towcesters, borrelli white shirt, and a load of jantzen shirts that just happened to be my exact size. It pains me to no end to pay retail now. I figure I'll just wait till someone here sells something similar. [​IMG]

7. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Best? I can't answer that.

Most worn? That's easy:
    a pair of RRL denim that I wore till holes appeared,
    a pair of Rider shell cordovan chukka boots from Edmorel,
    and a brown barleycorn Polo hacking jacket from Doc Holliday that remains the cornerstone jacket of my collection.

8. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I don't know if best, but at least favorite, Gieves & Hawkes Chesterfield for $100 (pictured below). I also bought an Oxxford db dinner jacket for $100 (not pictured).

[​IMG]

9. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

The best purchase I ever made was a pair of seafoam green incotex from chorse. These were the most extreme nutflossers I've ever tried on. For kicks, I took them for my tailor to see if he thought there was anything to be done to make these work. When I came out of the fitting room with that raging mooseknuckle and my voice an octave higher, he was literally in tears. This from a guy who barely grunts at most of my jokes. Best 60 bucks I ever spent, even tho the pants went to goodwill.

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

new sportcoat from Barney's -I love it- best thing I ever sold- black and white Allen Edmonds Broadstreets

11. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

The best purchase I ever made was a pair of seafoam green incotex from chorse. These were the most extreme nutflossers I've ever tried on. For kicks, I took them for my tailor to see if he thought there was anything to be done to make these work. When I came out of the fitting room with that raging mooseknuckle and my voice an octave higher, he was literally in tears. This from a guy who barely grunts at most of my jokes. Best 60 bucks I ever spent, even tho the pants went to goodwill.

[​IMG]

12. academe

academe Senior member

Probably my best buys from B&S were a cashmere PRL blazer and also a Ravazzolo glenplaid suit. The handwork on the Ravazzolo is really splendid and it has a very nice, relaxed slouchy feel to it when worn. Also picked up some Macclesfield Holliday & Brown ties that I wear often.

13. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Tom Ford double breasted glen plaid sc.

14. NORE

NORE Senior member

Flannel Polo windowpane Prestons - $80 NWT
    Flannel PoloI suit - $350 NWT
    2 chunky Handknit Polo sweaters - $45
    RLPL MacKays - $350 - NIB