• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best and Worst Hotel breakfasts?

MLIW

Reaction score
Hello Hello,

I decided yesterday to set up a blog - Hotel Breakfasts dedicated to finding the best and worst hotel breakfasts in the world - its fairly new and I haven't added many pictures or reviews yet.

Would the kind members of style forum like to add anything? Ideally a .jpg and a couple of lines of text, describing your satisfaction or dissatisfaction at the various breakfasts you may have had in the last couple of years.

Thanks a lot!

MLIW

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLIW
Hello Hello,

I decided yesterday to set up a blog - Hotel Breakfasts dedicated to finding the best and worst hotel breakfasts in the world - its fairly new and I haven't added many pictures or reviews yet.

Would the kind members of style forum like to add anything? Ideally a .jpg and a couple of lines of text, describing your satisfaction or dissatisfaction at the various breakfasts you may have had in the last couple of years.

Thanks a lot!

MLIW

Most of the yank chain hotels I've been here have been buffet style so I'm not sure there's much if any expectation. I did try one yesterday, and it felt so unhealthy I must have walked two paces slower and breathed harder for a good two hours. Remarkably I was not hungry until 7pm either.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool site.

I have a preference for sites with fresh juice and indian and japanese options. I find that rice and or indian breads are a lot lighter than the standard anglo saxon breakfast

MLIW

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good!

Sazerac

Reaction score
Best hotel breakfast has to be at the Metropol in Moscow. A buffet of almost every conceivable breakfast food in the world, all of it expertly prepared.

It was almost an embarrassment of riches when you realize how much of it will be thrown away, however, and how just a block or two away there are pensioners starving in the streets. But oh well! Garcon, another half-dozen croissants and some miso soup while you're at it, pozhalsta!

EDIT: To the OP: great photos. Making me hungry just looking at them.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Israeli hotel breakfast buffets serve vegetables instead of fruit.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
Israeli hotel breakfast buffets serve vegetables instead of fruit.

Love breakfast in that part of the world.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I'm awake for breakfast service I like going down to the hotels locally for the buffets. They have your typical fry-up stuff, omelettes, roast meats and veggies, Japanese and Chinese stuff, some kimchi for the Koreans, tons of fruit and cereals, a green salad bar with a lot of pickles and olives, some charcuterie and cheese, and great baked goods and fruit juices. It's usually around $35/head but for the food involved, it's a great deal. Imported groceries like that can be quite expensive.

The Grand Hyatt here has a lackluster brunch with far fewer options, but unlimited champagne for $75ish a head, for 4 hours. Haven't been, but I'd like to go.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Love breakfast in that part of the world.

really? i can't get into the veggie thing. love shakshuka though. usually make it at least once or twice a month.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the typical British breakfast -- eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, baked beans, grilled tomatoes. Had that every morning in Sri Lanka plus a great selection of fresh tropical fruit. Mmmmmmmm.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Japanese hotel breakfast buffets are pretty awesome IME. The bakers always pride themselves to make bread and croissants just like their French teachers showed them - and the scrambled eggs are so orange !

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
the scrambled eggs are so orange !

that's those amazing Japanese eggs, the yolks are the biggest and most intensely I've ever seen before.

ktrp

Reaction score
High end hotel hears do a good british style breakfast (at least good by north american standards). The King Edward is good.

Travelling, I think I've enjoyed the breakfasts in sweden the most. The traditional swedish breakfast seems to be yogurt and muesli followed by a sandwich on fantastic fresh bread - salami and peppers and so on. Actually lots of smoked fish too. I passed on the smoked fish. That bread was amazing though.

I'm currently on a low-carb diet and this may be biasing me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads