• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bespoke tradition, is it a coded landscape?

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,
I will try to explain my view to the Bespoke landscape of coded messages, by showing some of my creations and talk a little bit about how ideas combined with needs turns into a shoe! This blue "Square Point Derby" as I call it, is inspired by the customers extraordinary interest for shoes. He actually started as a shoe salesman by the age of twelve and by the time he was sixteen he was in charge of the hole store. For me, this blue Square Point Derby is a good example of a customer who knew exactly what he wanted, it shows that he has guts and are willing to go all the way out! I said to him; "The only thing these shoes requires is a perfectly matching suit, otherwise you may risc looking like a pimp!" He said; "Yes, you are right, they are just balancing on that edge, I better be careful showing off then!"
I have seen him in the right suit and I can assure you he looked absolutely exceptional! He was very happy!
The flap at the back of the heel is a built in shoe-horn, you flip it up, grip it with your fingers and pull the shoe on.
Upper; Italian Blue Antiqued Baby Calf. Sole; 1/4"inch. Stitches; 10"inch. Waist; Bevelled. Heel; Standard leather with rubber tip.
Hope you enjoy it!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that looks like an amazing shoe. I wouldn't wear it in blue, because I'm not that eccentric, but in a nice brown, or merlot color I would definitely rock that shoe. Good work and great creativity.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
my curiosity is raised by the idea of what kind of suit would match this unusual shoe.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
my curiosity is raised by the idea of what kind of suit would match this unusual shoe.
A pair of navy blue shoes is on my very, very long list of things to get - I think they'd be fun for both navy and cream suits.

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,
You have got it all right! That is what it is all about, freedom to choose what suits your own personality. It requires a stomach though! Anyway, it is a part of what I mean lies within the understanding of bespoke.

pejsek

Reaction score
While those shoes may not be exactly my sort of thing, I do find it infinitely cheering to see quality bespoke bravely striking out in this direction. These days far too much of the finite energy of bespoke artisans seems fixed on the veneration and adoration of business dress--to the exclusion of many of the finer things in life. At one time the range was much broader, what with all the country/casual clothes and loungewear a gentleman was expected to have.
Here's to you, Mr. Myhre!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
mr. mhyre,

if i may ask, how can we avail of your bespoke services? are you planning to offer ready to wears? and will your shoes be available in america and asia soon?

alflauren

Reaction score
Wow, that shoe is sharp. It's also benefitted from good photography. Could I justify something like that? Must ponder...

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,
Your interest and support is most welcome and appreciated! I will be helding a Bespoke Shoe Gathering in NY this autumn. Please, return your request by e-mail to; [email protected] to receive your invitation!

I have so far designed 8 classic styles which I will be offering to the market as RTW, but the concept is not ready yet. The styles will be available as pictures when my website is launched in May. There will be an option by request for potential customers to set their name on a waitinglist for future orders! Please, feel free to return your views!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J.P. Myhre
Dear Gentlemen,
Your interest and support is most welcome and appreciated! I will be helding a Bespoke Shoe Gathering in NY this autumn. Please, return your request by e-mail to; [email protected] to receive your invitation!

I have so far designed 8 classic styles which I will be offering to the market as RTW, but the concept is not ready yet. The styles will be available as pictures when my website is launched in May. There will be an option by request for potential customers to set their name on a waitinglist for future orders! Please, feel free to return your views!

i look forward to the availability of your products, though new york is half a planet away from where i'm writing this. i wish you well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads