• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of these guys but they seem to do good work at sub $3k. Still too rich for my blood, but out of curiosity will this sole decoration last through more than one long walk?

I looked into remote MTO with modifications and got sent a pair of fitters but their stock last ended up needing more modifications than either of us were comfortable with remotely. Ken was super helpful and very honest even though it cost their young company a sale. On the list if they ever travel or if I make it to Japan.

I think @Crispyj has a pair from them.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked into remote MTO with modifications and got sent a pair of fitters but their stock last ended up needing more modifications than either of us were comfortable with remotely. Ken was super helpful and very honest even though it cost their young company a sale. On the list if they ever travel or if I make it to Japan.

I think @Crispyj has a pair from them.
Work is clean and Ken is very responsive. His English is quite good as well.

I have rubber topy soles 😂 Decorative soles will last less than a half a day in NYC.

marlinspike

Reaction score
Does anybody know where the bespoke makers get their brass nails for heels? I used DB Gurney, but they're kind of....not good. Rivierre in France only makes them too long, and KOS in Slovenia seems perpetually out of stock (and doesn't reply to messages).

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any solid brass panel pin will do. Too long doesn’t matter, you want to nip the head off anyway so hammer in as deep as required, trim the head and file flush

marlinspike

Reaction score
Any solid brass panel pin will do. Too long doesn’t matter, you want to nip the head off anyway so hammer in as deep as required, trim the head and file flush

In the interest of full disclose, I feel a need to say my less than ideal solution was to nip the pointy end down, which made them a lot less fun to hammer in.

Sutefan

Reaction score
After two and a half year, I finally got back to Japan to pick these up.
Fit is great. Love the colour and the pattern.
Couldn't be happier.

97980D71-C262-43DA-BDFF-A0FDD4579BB4.jpeg

AAFAC25F-EEDF-421F-8074-FF6703C0B8A0.jpeg

Jona

Reaction score
My newest pair (3rd) from the bespoke, quasi bespoke, remote bespoke, semi-bespoke (whatever you prefer)

Wayman Bespoke

I definitely went out of my comfort zone here, but I love the look of the dark brown museum calf.

View attachment 1820383

View attachment 1820384 View attachment 1820385 View attachment 1820386
That chiseled round toe is a work of art. Reminds me of Eiji Murata chiseled round. I generally prefer that over chiseled square. Not every maker does the chiseled square well, or as well as Anthony Cleverley or G&G square deco last or some of Paolo Scafora.

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That chiseled round toe is a work of art. Reminds me of Eiji Murata chseled round. I generally prefer that over chiseled square. Not every maker does the chiseled square well, or as well as Anthony Cleverley or G&G square deco last or some of Paolo Scafora.
Yes, both Mr. Wegmann and I discussed the toe shape I was looking for when we first started. It came out perfect. I love it, and he is rightfully proud of the end product.

masugu

Reaction score
Thanks!
It's Shoji Kawaguchi/Marquess

Those look fantastic!
Nicholas is making a pair of loafers for me which are not too different from yours. Similar sweeping back penny slot treatment...but with a squarish / chiseled toe in a dark brown Pigskin.

I saw a nice piece on You Tube about your shoemaker Kawaguchi-san:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics