• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After more than a 2.5 year wait thanks to C19, I finally got around to Paris to do my fitting for Corthay shoes. The apprentice provided plenty of entertainment. I’m going to need another fitting after this one. Too many adjustments need to be made. I had a similar issue with my JLP bespoke shoes so I’m not too surprised by this.
4B41CA8E-6E57-43AE-A71B-A59784B3A9F8.jpeg
2338D03E-169B-48AC-BE7F-499AB0AA34C7.jpeg
2736C696-B0BC-41D7-9EB0-29F1F27FC61F.jpeg
1A235A9B-20B7-4F3F-A3EF-9DD22D053644.jpeg
680C3BD0-AAD3-43F3-BC46-DA437AA17338.jpeg
55F1F6EF-25A5-47E5-9550-E24135ED0471.jpeg

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After more than a 2.5 year wait thanks to C19, I finally got around to Paris to do my fitting for Corthay shoes. The apprentice provided plenty of entertainment. I’m going to need another fitting after this one. Too many adjustments need to be made. I had a similar issue with my JLP bespoke shoes so I’m not too surprised by this. View attachment 1791891 View attachment 1791893 View attachment 1791894 View attachment 1791895 View attachment 1791898 View attachment 1791899

Nice jeans. Are those the new Jordache kids line?

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like ever first pair ever has needed more width for the pinky. Is there some reason they are always trying for too tight here?
Probably because I have a wide foot and to keep the proportions of the shoes looking good they’re slimming it down at the pinky toe area.

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regular shoe cream day to day, then if you’ve genuinely worn them hard for a week down the mines and they’ve gone dry af, run some neatsfoot or mink oil over them

marlinspike

Reaction score
regular shoe cream day to day, then if you’ve genuinely worn them hard for a week down the mines and they’ve gone dry af, run some neatsfoot or mink oil over them

Less to moisturize more about cleaning as mud and vegetation has been caked on to them.

shackletonian

Reaction score
I thought that this would be a good time to update my Cleverley shoe saga and also to ask for advice from the community.

I waited until I had some sort of update, and this seems to be most appropriate. As some will recall, I ordered two pairs of shoes from GC: an alligator wholecut and some 1786 reindeer loafers. The alligator shoes came initially in poor shape, the leather was abysmal and the fit not taking into account my comments during fitting. GC remade the shoes, seemingly, with new leather, but it was still poor and the fit uncomfortable due to some design issues.

The 1786 loafers (Kempton) came first and had a small issue - they were too big. I brought them back to GC during a visit (during the pandemic) and only George Glasgow Jr was present. He took note of the requested changes. I was later told that the shoes would need to be remade and my feet remeasured because they were off by so much.

since then, and my less than friendly exchanges with George Jr, who is not a lastmaker, I attempted to schedule appointments when they had a trunk show in my area if Adam Law or a lastmaker would be present. For a long time, I was told that Adam could not travel due to Covid restrictions, even as other makers from other firms were traveling to the US.

at one point, I attempted to drop off my alligator shoes at the hotel where GC were staying, hoping that they would take back the shoes to redo the leather again, at a minimum, and fix the fit issues that I raised during the fitting session. GC mailed back the shoes to me from the hotel.

I have emailed GC five times for their recent trunk show, to an email account that is standard for their firm, and never received any response, even just about moving forward on the Kempton loafers. So, at this point, I have paid for everything. I have a pair of alligator shoes that have substandard leather and did not account for comments during fitting and not even a poorly fitting 1786 for which I have paid completely, and about which I can receive no response.

I’m wondering whether the community can help GC get in touch with me about the shoes, either to refund me at this point or give me a clear timeline about getting my shoes made properly, or working with a credit card company to dispute a charge made in 2019 and one in 2020 that covered the shoes that I do not have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads