• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And some people want green suede gatorskin loafers.

Loafers are the Minnesota Fats of footwear.....Cool as you like!
Screenshot_20211126-124839_Chrome.jpg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these Tom Ford wholecuts. A well proportioned last.

I think Tom Ford offers bespoke, or some version of MTO/MTM for shoes. But likely very very expensive.

1637951581255.png

Attachments

• 1637951558030.png
    1637951558030.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 27

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought wholecut just one piece of leather does it have to be seamless?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Umm. Not sure how you kids wear shoes these days, but back in my day toes pointed the other way. Perhaps “reverse split heel”!

But split toes sometimes have a heel seam, making two seams. Sometimes they don't, making it just one seam. Thus, a shoe with just a heel seam is a reverse split toe.

I thought wholecut just one piece of leather does it have to be seamless?

This has been a matter of debate for a while on this forum. I don't think it was ever settled. But very few of my comments are serious.

marlinspike

Reaction score
I think it would just be a half a split toe. A reverse split toe would have a heel seam on the toe and an outward facing toe seam on the heel

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never knew there was a debate on whether seamless heel mattered, else can’t really have something like “wholecut” shell chelsea right?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is this debate? This seems quite spurious to me.

I totally get the original comment was sarcasm (and considering the wholecut obsession happening here I dig the rib).

If wholecuts can't have seams, someone should tell EG and CJ. Newbury and Alex respectively have seams and are "wholecuts".

The fact shoes are refered to as "seamless wholecuts" would also point the idea it is false.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
You think I could find someone to make me a full brogue wholecut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads