• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think if you see berluti alessandro in person in normal color you would not find them ugly at most just too pointy (but then can complain about too pointy on say Corthay too)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather light a stack of cash on fire than use it to buy these items.
In my recent book I talk about the origin of that ****** writing pattern which has now become one of of Berluti’s signature designs on everything up to jacket linings, ties and sweaters. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel so feel free to check it out.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my recent book I talk about the origin of that ****** writing pattern which has now become one of of Berluti’s signature designs on everything up to jacket linings, ties and sweaters. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel so feel free to check it out.

I owe a visit to your book thread. I finished but have been too slammed to respond.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I appreciate that Equinox has (or had, quit when I moved to the foothills) anti Affliction policy.
I stick to the classics like my Three Wolf t-shirt (yes, I actually do own one). Berluti used to make a model whose sole left wolf prints, I like to think they were going for the same kind of mentality as the Three Wolf t-shirt.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Three Wolf t-shirts are among the hardest to silkscreen, so very covetable.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interpol uses Berluti annual sales to estimate the total membership numbers of Eastern European criminal syndicates.

In certain parts of Western Europe (France, Spain & Belgium come to mind), Berluti is extremely popular. Last time I was there there was a lot of offensive menswear behavior. All I can say is I've seen people do time for a lot less than what those boys were displaying. ??‍♂️

emptym

Reaction score
I like German-style, side-lace wholecuts, particularly these by Yohei Fukuda:
Yohei Fukuda.png

I agree that floating medallions are usually not great, but I have a couple from AS that I like, particularly these wholecut slip ons:
IMG_0615.jpeg

Although maybe they'd be better w/o a medallion.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads