• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nub915

Reaction score
8K for shoes is a little crazy (JLParis). I think 5 is the upper limit of normal I am willing to pay. Seems like there are a handful of good options at this price point. I wish I could travel to Italy to get Mecariellos but I think templeman is the way to go.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if I spend $4k I would definitely try templeman and if Meccariello is ever in NYC I would also probably try him...

BomTrady

Reaction score
I spent 5 on the Madison 20s, just because I fell in love with the look of the shoes but 8 just seems too high. Watch in a couple months I’ll convince myself, lol.
Please don't. I may be compelled to follow you again.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8K for shoes is a little crazy (JLParis). I think 5 is the upper limit of normal I am willing to pay. Seems like there are a handful of good options at this price point. I wish I could travel to Italy to get Mecariellos but I think templeman is the way to go.

Meccariello makes exceptionally beautiful shoes. If you were willing to wait and are able to travel, all of your options would be available to you.

Saying that and by all accounts, proceeding with a commission utilizing Nicholas's talents would be an excellent choice.

nub915

Reaction score
Meccariello makes exceptionally beautiful shoes. If you were willing to wait and are able to travel, all of your options would be available to you.

Saying that and by all accounts, proceeding with a commission utilizing Nicholas's talents would be an excellent choice.
I’ve pretty much made up my mind to get my first lair done by him.

nub915

Reaction score
There is another gentleman (Don Ville bespoke) who is based in Los Angeles. His first pair is 6,800. He installed lulu plates on my RTW lobbs. Not much info out there in him though.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve pretty much made up my mind to get my first lair done by him.

??.
Don't be like many us. Stick to the basics. A friend told me that one of his first commission's was a button two toned boot. He didn't keep them for long because he didn't wear them.

One of the worst commissions I've ever done.

marlinspike

Reaction score
An error with my latest bespoke purchase, somewhat on my part. I specified a green leather lining instead of the normal. Unfortunately, this lining is so grippy that it makes the shoes very hard to wear, and pulls my socks all the way back to the point of being uncomfortable. Is there a way to make it less grippy? Maybe scuffing it lightly with sandpaper?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By sheer definition of being a member of a forum dedicated to clothing, the average #menswear mindset is less applicable.
lol and I think I liked clothes :)
in all seriousness, I really do enjoy the process of bespoke but this whole overseas thing makes it really tough and frankly (also due to covid) the ridiculous long wait times and unfinished products are starting to get on my nerves. Obviously not the tailors fault and also timelines are well communicated by all tailors but I underestimated how long and drawn out the process can be when dealing with tailors in Europe and you live in California.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads