• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boringbear

Reaction score
I saw some interesting discussion about a certain brand here. As such, I suspect I might have talked to a hacked Instagram account, a truly sober boss, or I committed some serious crime by reading StyleForum and learning about the existence of handwelted construction from @DWFII...

(Seriously, I don’t know what have I done wrong to deserve this. I asked about the pricing and last the day before, and did not have any “back-and-forth” in terms of quoting multiple models etc)

View attachment 1433825
View attachment 1433826
View attachment 1433827
View attachment 1433828
Rarely login & reply here, but this really made my day Tom lol

Here’s Mas btw

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What native English speaker says "my friend" who's not also a 1960s Bond villain?

my friend.png

TN001

Reaction score
I have it on good authority that Mr. Pibb wears blue alligator skin Cleverly Chelsea boots. Big big star.

On a side note, they should use the formerly sunken Russian reindeer hide to pave the streets of Hollywood, because apparently they’ll never run out of that stuff.

TN001

Reaction score
“What native English speaker says "my friend" who's not also a 1960s Bond villain?”

This is a candidate for the greatest statement ever made on Styleforum. And I’m going to steal it.

boringbear

Reaction score
Now this reminds me of two meetings with Glasgow’s.

Was in London to paid a visit after walking Jermyn St, Glasgow Sr shown his passion on creating footwear for clients and designing and delivering well crafted pairs to all walks of life (if you could settle the sum). Introduced to me one of the last maker and kind of studies my slender feet that having troubles fitting with Anthony Cleverley pair. Advised to provide free re-last (?!) and suggested to contact his son during trunk show.

So i meet the Jr in Hong Kong. Expected sales tone and introduced “you should own a pair as a staircase to catch up with the hall of fame of celeb”, roughly something like this. Put down the AC pair and got a bespoke shoe faux-leather print box back home. Now put on bench to store bills.

When the pair came back, it creased like hell, which I wore it less than 5 times to weddings only. Feels like they simply stretched the pair. No feeling of re-last or heel cup tightened. Charged 100 quid. And I have to iron the crease with help of pal.
And after we ironed the pair they sort of directly just post the photos we took without asking either me or you.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What native English speaker says "my friend" who's not also a 1960s Bond villain?

View attachment 1434366
I probably hit the lol emoji on like 20 of your last posts in this thread even my wife who thinks my love for shoes is annoying is laughing ;) lol still remember when my wife pointed out how she likes Berluti more than GC at the trunk show to Sr. Hahahah his face was speaking a 1000 words ... GTFOH

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads