• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I do think that Corthay,Gomez ,DelosandGaziano are the best with the Japanese masters such asSuzuki and others...

When you neglect Vass, Kielman, Januszkiewicz, Kleman, Hirmer, Riedl, Balint, Scheer, Maftei, Materna etc. you may be right.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
So did Corthay, if I remember right.Lascar, perhaps a little lesson in semantics is in order.

Roberto Ugolini in Florence thought that my Gomez shoes were as nicely made as anything he had ever seen. There seems to be a pattern.

ABALO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
Most of these look photographed right out of the box. The first one has definitely not been worn.

If durability is the issue here, pics of shoes that have been worn two dozen times would be far more helpful.

That would make a great thread for shoe comparison. Run a picture sequence of frequently worn shoes.

Then let's show some G&G as well, 2-3 years old, without the shoe trees...
For an even greater thread on shoe comparison
devil.gif

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ABALO
devil.gif

Sounds good....that is the whole point...we can call it "old shoe Appreciation."

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dimitri Gomez is a fantastic shoe designer and everybody in the shoe world will tell you the same thing about him..
I'm sorry if i did offend some Vass followers but i'm not unfortunately a big fan....
I do try to talk about designers i do know but i'm open-minded on new styles...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ABALO
devil.gif

Alden shell cordovan
15+ years old
Fully resoled twice with reheelings in between

Now that's durability

untitled1copyib0.jpg

Naturlaut II

Reaction score
The Berluti leather is supple, but tends to run a little dry sometimes. The color looks black in the picture, but it actually has a reddish hue. (I think) it holds up pretty well after all these years. I don't think the trees fit perfectly well, but this is not bespoke, so I can't complain. From the looks of it, these should last quite a while.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Finally a Berluti pic after all this Corthay-Delos-Dimitri talk. Blah, blah, blah.
smile.gif

Nice shoe Naturlaut.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Touchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We do like Berluti even if the Venezia leather is far from waterproof!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crackup[1].gif

It's ok, he has artisan envy.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anthony Delos is very good ...He was trained in John Lobb workshops and is the perfect mix between a French artisan with vision and skills and the British sense of measure and elegance...
He is making me two pairs of bespoke at the moment and i would recommend him over a lot of more famous names of this forum....

Is this your first order with AD?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Naturlaut, those appear a little worse for wear. I don't doubt they will last a long time; however, the skin doesn't appear very impressive.

Naturlaut II

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Naturlaut, those appear a little worse for wear. I don't doubt they will last a long time; however, the skin doesn't appear very impressive.

As I said, the leather tends to get a bit dry, and the flash from the camera reveals every detail of the natural blemishes of the leather. It actually looks okay in person: not great, but still okay. That said, I don't own many pairs of Berluti RTW and am plotting on a pair of bespoke made in their Parisian atelier, but I was told off by Olga as being "not ready" for a Berluti bespoke. Whatever that means.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads