• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the beauty of SF

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTM Suit - $3295

Bespoke shirt - $950 (you only needed 1 but there was a minimum order of 4)

Seven fold tie - $235

Handmade custom shoes - $2695 (including rountrip airfare to london)

Posting your new outfit on SF and being told its all wrong and you look terrible - priceless

Happy holidays (whichever one you may obsereve) all !!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Bahahahahaha!!!! Post of da month! this is quite funny. and probably 100% accurate.
wink.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right.
lol8[1].gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a crappy pic, mention that is all bespoke from RUbinacci / A&S / Cappelli / Lobb, let everyone kiss your ass, then tell you got it all from Boss.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
how about you post a fit poc, don't tell us where it's from, everyone will praise it, then you tell us it's H&M and then we'll start to nitpick, and then you'll go spend days searching for something we'd be proud of, then you show up to the event and completely blend in with everyone else, and your buddy wearing that damn H&M suit gets like 3 compliments and a phone number, then you start a thread here bitching about how nobody understands you and why you're better because you went all bespoke?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
There is also an opposite dynamic at work, namely that some posters prefer to nitpick the really storied brands/houses. So for all the slobbering that Rubinacci gets, it also gets a great deal of total BS criticism. "What about that 2 cm ripple under the left armhole? Totally inexcusable for bespoke at that price!!!"

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
There is also an opposite dynamic at work, namely that some posters prefer to nitpick the really storied brands/houses. So for all the slobbering that Rubinacci gets, it also gets a great deal of total BS criticism/ "What about that 2 cm ripple under the left armhole? Totally inexcusable for bespoke at that price!!!"

I'm not so sure if the higher/irrational level of scrutiny is because of the prestige/price of the clothing or because of the online personalities of the persons wearing it.
smile.gif

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
aj, your recent posting seems to have taken a bitter turn.

It's because India can't play for the Ashes.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aj, your recent posting seems to have taken a bitter turn.

I wouldnt say bitter, rather more like disillusioned

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
It's because India can't play for the Ashes.

Would Cric OZ or ECB ditch the Ashes if BCCI offered them a 5 test + 5 ODI tour to India / or by India at the same time ?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
I wouldnt say bitter, rather more like disillusioned

Disillusioned with what? It's just clothes, some people want to elevate it to an academic exercise and many of the posts/criticisms end up being attacks/pen0r measuring contests but who cares? Wear what you like, read the threaks that interest you and live your life.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disillusioned with what? It's just clothes, some people want to elevate it to an academic exercise and many of the posts/criticisms end up being attacks/pen0r measuring contests but who cares? Wear what you like, read the threaks that interest you and live your life.

Sometimes easier said than done, Ed!

Mike

artoftime

Reaction score
I just want to know where I can get a trip to London and bespoke shoes for $2,695!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
I just want to know where I can get a trip to London and bespoke shoes for $2,695!

it was an estimate but you can leave on fri from kennedy and return on sunday for $700 which leaves you $1995 for shoes or 1262.5 british pounds i think that will get you something

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads