The Battle of the Bulge

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fopkid, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fopkid

fopkid Well-Known Member

From the Hill: The last word on Bush's bulge Call off the conspiracy freaks. Now it can be told: That mysterious bulge on President Bush's back during the first presidential debate was not an electronic device feeding him answers, but a strap holding his bulletproof vest in place. Speculation about the bulge on the Internet only increased since Georges de Paris, the Washington tailor who makes Bush's suits, told The Hill last month that it was nothing more than a pucker on the back of Bush's coat caused when he crossed his arms. But sources in the Secret Service told The Hill that Bush was wearing a bulletproof vest, as he does most of the time when appearing in public. The president's handlers did not want to admit as much during the campaign, for fear of disclosing information related to his personal security while he was on the campaign trail. The suspicion that Bush was, indeed, wearing something under his coat was given further credence by Dr. Robert M. Nelson, a senior research scientist for NASA and Caltech's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and an international authority on image analysis, who conducted tests while working at home on his own computers. "I am willing to stake my scientific reputation to the statement that Bush was wearing something under his jacket during the debate," Nelson told Salon.com. "This is not about a bad suit. And there's no way the bulge can be described as a wrinkled shirt." http://www.hillnews.com/under_dome/110404.aspx

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

It was a wire. I will go to my grave believing that.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Sometimes I wonder.
    But sources in the Secret Service told The Hill that Bush was wearing a bulletproof vest, as he does most of the time when appearing in public. The president's handlers did not want to admit as much during the campaign, for fear of disclosing information related to his personal security while he was on the campaign trail.
    After I posted that, someone said
    Now there's another thread? [​IMG] Not that I'm the last word, but... I understand it's an active topic of discussion and controversial, but I'm beginning to think people don't read before they post, and don't preview posts. Just the complaints of a copy editor, no offense intended to anyone personally.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I find it very hard to believe that a vest would make that bulge, but not bulge out in the front and sides. It is usually very easy to spot body armor under suit, espetially in the case of a person who is under the lights and cameras for so long. I don't know what it was, but I doubt it was body armor.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

6. raley

raley Senior member

Do you guys seriously believe this conspiracy theory? This is almost as bad as those who think Bush orchestrated 9/11 to gain the support of the people to stay in office and that the Holocaust didn't happen. Ridiculous.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

8. joseanes

joseanes Senior member

Maybe the average city dweller would benefit from Kerrys proposed policies more than the average country or sub-urban american who voted for Bush.

9. johnnynorman3

The "red v. blue" map is such a ridiculous hyperbole to throw out. The major population centers of the United States are all of the blue spots. If you ask me, the sea of red in the smaller cities, suburbs, and rural areas only indicates that Bush supporters are nativists.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Shouldn't that be the United Provinces of Canada?

I, for one welcome the UPC (as long as there is a huge fence separating Jesusland and the UPC).

Jon.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

What's with that huge area in texas that is blue? kinda weird.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I read somewhere that a majority of college educated individuals supported Kerry but i'm not too sure about that.

14. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

What's with the line if blue counties going along the Mississippi river?

15. johnnynorman3

That may be a good seal for the Democratic party, but not because we are whining over losing. Rather, those such as I are weeping for the sons and daughters of Americans who are needlessly being killed in Iraq so that American corporations can economically colonize the Middle East. Anyone who calls Bush "moral" is just an outrage to me -- the man has no problem with "collateral damage," plunders the resources of other countries, and then has the gall to lie about it to the American public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.