• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Barter Thread

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 46R Oxxford suit, that is pretty nice, but has some moth damage, I would be happy to let it go for a song, or trade for a nice white or blue shirt (not new) from either barba or something like that.
The color of the suit is basic blue, but up close it is like a micro houndstooth. I dig it, just havent gotten around to fixing it, also, I am no longer a 46R.
I am also looking for some slim fit trousers, 34-35 waist, in basic colors, either cotton or wool. Again, not looking for new, as this suit is not new.
I can take pics and get measurements and show the damage if desired.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
I have a 46R Oxxford suit, that is pretty nice, but has some moth damage, I would be happy to let it go for a song, or trade for a nice white or blue shirt (not new) from either barba or something like that.
The color of the suit is basic blue, but up close it is like a micro houndstooth. I dig it, just havent gotten around to fixing it, also, I am no longer a 46R.
I am also looking for some slim fit trousers, 34-35 waist, in basic colors, either cotton or wool. Again, not looking for new, as this suit is not new.
I can take pics and get measurements and show the damage if desired.

I have a couple of 34 pants I could trade ....... what's the model for the oxxford? Gibbons? could you show a pic of the moth damage? where is it located?

thanks

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, Ill look at the model. Its 2 button, fairly middle stance. The moth damage is on the shoulder, two very small holes, but if to be worn would need to be fixed.
I know it came from N.M.
I fit in a 34 fine if it is not too crazy slim!
What colors and fabrics you gots?
Pm me if you like!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After some consideration, I am also going to offer some black Bruno Magli cap toes, size 11. They are in very good shape, I get a complex everytime I attempt to wear them. I know they are as basic of a staple as it gets. I have had them for almost 2 years and not worn them, so I guess they are not that important.
I only want to trade these, for what...?
Can post pics if needed. I am feeling lazy today, so we shall see.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
come on keep it alive....

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Joseph Abboud 2 button single breasted suit, gray with small white windowpane stripes (chest size measures 42, pants 33 waist). I would trade it for some ties, a peacoat, shaving supplies (razor/bowls), or cufflinks (not gold). I'd entertain other offers as well. I paid a little under $100 for it.

BigSur

Reaction score
This is an Oscar De La Renta suit I purchased right when I got out of the Marines. I didn't know anything about suit buying (and still don't actually). I purchased this for over 400 bucks to wear for job interviews. I ended up getting a job without having to interview and this has since sat in my closet. I pulled this out to try it on and discovered that it is a fuller cut and the legs are huge on me (I suspect it is because I used to dress in looser clothing, obviously before discovering sufu), which is a shame because it's really good looking imo. I have no idea what this is worth, or if it would be worth anything to anyone on here, but I'm hoping I can at least get something for it so that it is not a complete waste.

Ideally, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on something slimmer seeing as to how I will need a suit by the end of the summer. I have a 42 inch chest and a 33 inch waist if that helps. (h&m?)

I took waist, inseam and chest measurements, but will gladly take any measurements requested.

The suit is tagged

40r w34

The chest is 21 3/4 inches
The waist is 31 inches (I had it taken in when I purchased it; I'm pretty sure it can be let out, just not sure exactly how to check)
The inseam is 28 inches (can be let out)

I will need dressier clothes soon for a new job and will consider trades for slim pants, shirts and shoes.

Thanks alot, hope this is useful for someone.

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wont let this thread die:

I have the following to barter, or for that matter give away, if you can cover the cost of shipping.

1. Isaia sport coat, size 46R, pretty much a glen plaid, very subtle, too big for me. It has a moth hole that is not noticeable below one of the pockets.
It is 2 button with a center vent. Can take pics and post measurements if wished. The colors are greys and some red accents in the plaid.
2. Oxxford 46R suit. Again some damn moth holes on the shoulder, they can be fixed and are very small. This is a micro hounds tooth design that reads as a navy unless you are inches from the fabric.
3. Some size 11 Magli captoes in black. Not a whole lot of wear, these are simply too big for me, and I hardly ever wear black shoes (have some black plain toe ankle boots that I wear, and these fit!). Soles are in fine shape. The toe is not round and not square, nice conservative shoes.
4. Assorted dress shirts in white, and one in a lavender and white stripe. All are 17 1/2 (one white shirt is Ike Behar, the other is Marshall Fields brand and is french cuff), the lavender is a 17 in french cuff and is made by Eton. The Eton shirt is kick ass, I got it in CT at some highend store in Westport, its just too big. I may keep it just in case I turn into a fat ass again.
Again, I can post pics and measurements if wished.
I am looking for good slim cut pants in 35 or 34 waist in wool or cotton (valentini, incotex, marbitex etc.), worn, as my goods are worn. Or say some Certo shoes in 10.5 or any other cool shoes one wishes to offer, not in black!

zw-gator

Reaction score
I have:
Izod microfiber windwear vest. X.F.G (X-treme function golfwear) Size L. NWT.
Boss Bottled 100ml 90% full
Zirh by Zirh 40ml 95% full
Davidoff ECHO 100ml (I think) 80% full

Looking for:
Casual shoes, size 12 or 13
Ties
Unstrictured/sunseaker blazer
Everything

Earthmover

Reaction score
I don't know if people are still trying to this barter thing, but here goes:

10.5M Black Bruno Magli (not platinum) plaintoe 3-eyelet blucher in calfskin, blake stitched with combination heels. Medium chisel toe. (from Filene's @$160 in 2005) Worn about 12 times before shoe addiction kicked in and got better fitting shoes. No box/bags.

OR

9.5M Ferragamo mainline plaintoe blucher in brown pebblegrain, three eyelets with sleek shape and round toe. Got at Barney's sale in 2006 for ~$160. A bit elongated, but turned out to be too narrow for me in the long run. Comes with box/white shoebags.

I'm willing to consider trades for any standard 10M shoes, although I would most defintely entertain white/brown spectators/saddles first, as that is the one thing I lack currently, and I need to bust out my seersucker in a nice ensemble. I will post pictures if anyone thinks this sounds intriguing. Otherwise, I'll probably try to sell on the cheap when I have more time to take good pictures. Thanks.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Earthmover - any chance those Bruno Magli blutchers would work for me (standard size 11 D)?

Not sure -- they are quite roomy (width, toebox and length) even in comparison to the other 10.5M made in italy Polo captoe bluchers I have. So I think they may work if if you're on the smaller-side of 11D. but obviously, I can't be sure in any case. They are probably a bigger 10.5 than others I've worn/tried on.

Leroy Brown

Reaction score
I have a Burberrys of London tie to trade if anyone is interested. Red, black and a touch of silver.

58" x 3 3/4" at widest point

NWOT

Looking to barter for a tie of similar quality in some other color than red. I have way too many red-based ties. Something orange, blue or green perhaps.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads