• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Barbanera Shoes Appreciation Thread (pictures, sizing, etc.)

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went up half a size in Barbanera, but I appear to be in the extreme minority.

G&G TG73 - 11 UK
Carmina Simpson - 11 UK
C&J 348 - 11 UK
Barbanera - 11.5 UK
Carlos Santos - 11 UK
Carmina Rain - cannot wear
Vass U - 44.5 EU
Edward Green 890 - 11 UK
John Lobb 7000 - cannot wear

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
I've gone TTS with Barbanera. Only pair that fits a little tight are my cash boots. Cormac are a little big with dress socks but perfect with boot socks.

Alden (Barrie): 9.5 US
Allen Edmonds: 10 US
Crockett & Jones: 9 UK
Barbanera: Gatsby 9 UK
Barbanera: Cormac 9 UK
Barbanera: AKC/Rimbaud 8 UK
barbanera: Cash 9 UK

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if I'm 8.5E UK in CJ, 9E UK in GG/EG would 8.5E be right? looking at these 3

edit: oh and I'm 9.5D US, though tends to be closer to the wider side (just toebox need to have good room for example GG TG73 in 9E UK is not workable, too tight in toebox while MH71 in 9E UK works and CJ 348 in 8.5E barely works, 341 in 8.5E UK works better, can wear Carmina in 8.5 but not in say Simpson)

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 43.5 in all my Barbanera boots except for one pair. I have a flat feet and a high instep.

Reference:
GG MH71: UK 9.5F
StC: UK 9
Carmina Rain: UK 9.5 heel slippage
Carmina Robert: UK 9
Carmina Soller: UK 9
Alfred Sargent 109: UK 9
Barbanera (Chelsea Boots): 43.5
Barbanera (Cormac GYW Cowboy Boot): 43

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the boys, currently at like, 4 pairs, but damn this copy is dumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200105-152227_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200105-152227_Instagram.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 441

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 43.5 in all my Barbanera boots except for one pair. I have a flat feet and a high instep.

Reference:
GG MH71: UK 9.5F
StC: UK 9
Carmina Rain: UK 9.5 heel slippage
Carmina Robert: UK 9
Carmina Soller: UK 9
Alfred Sargent 109: UK 9
Barbanera (Chelsea Boots): 43.5
Barbanera (Cormac GYW Cowboy Boot): 43

by the way ,dumb question, anyone know how is Yoox size translated, it says something like 9.5 US is 8.5UK on their site, but I thought their size is EU not UK (i.e. I'm not sure if Yoox does EU to UK translation using the standard way, i.e. 42.5EU = 8.5UK=9.5US)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So add my size point, I tried 8.5 UK in the cash side zip, too tight in the right toebox so upsized to 9 UK, works out well (vs my usual 8.5 E UK CJ, 9E GG and 9.5 D US size, also have wide ish forefoot and high instep)

thinking about Cormac as well, guess will take half size down back to 8.5 UK as suggested by most?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So add my size point, I tried 8.5 UK in the cash side zip, too tight in the right toebox so upsized to 9 UK, works out well (vs my usual 8.5 E UK CJ, 9E GG and 9.5 D US size, also have wide ish forefoot and high instep)

thinking about Cormac as well, guess will take half size down back to 8.5 UK as suggested by most?
This is not a brand I have followed much. I remember NMWA carried a few styles, but never cared for them. Same for the selection that Barney’s carried.

How do they compare to the other makers you wear?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is not a brand I have followed much. I remember NMWA carried a few styles, but never cared for them. Same for the selection that Barney’s carried.

How do they compare to the other makers you wear?

I would not buy their dress shoes (which is what NMWA carried), nothing bad about their dress shoes (as I have no experience other than look at picture) just doesn’t stand out as much, I like their boots for the design element and the last.

It has slightly 70s/cowboy (a bit Cuban heel on dress ish last) but still not all out or too SLP.

Specifically was looking for side zip because it won’t have the caught in the back side of pants (read, chelsea boots) problem and the shaft can be slimmer.

Also same reason why I’m looking at their cowboy boots as it is not true cowboy boot (with back zip), easier to get in and can actually put inside pants.

think the cash side zip I got is probably Blake stich (given the right outbox comfort), though the cowboy boots was specifically mentioned as GYW.

in general I probably would not get it if you’re going to wear with suit (though you can, I did for 2 days just to try out to see how it looks can probably be more CM proper if you mirror shine the toe but I wouldn’t), I would get it for all purpose and I do like their last design.

if you want to try sizing I would order from yoox first (return is only $6?), think the side zip and diamond elastic chelsea fits the same (ie same usual CJ UK size or half larger depends on if you run wide).

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cowboy boots are GYW. I wear UK9
My two chelsea boots I wear UK9.5. Both are Blake stitch

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
curious what you mean bythis copy is dumb... do you not like them?

I most certainly hope he doesn't mean copy of YSL, like others assume. I'm three pairs in myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads