• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bad Taste Offs

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey dude, moo can lose 125lbs to get to average weight but you will always be short.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
If he were just a fun kicking post, I'd be sympathetic--in fact, I'd probably stick up for him. However, he's not nearly so passive or innocent as that.

You don't like that I'm short or that I criticize your clothes on a clothing forum, but I'm the one with a complex?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
hey dude, moo can lose 125lbs to get to average weight but you will always be short.

Nice try, kunk, but not biting enough. Try this out instead:

"hey, dood, moo can lose 125lbs and then there would be one moo and two
foo.gif
s."

See how that works?

- B

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

I don't think the criticism has ever really been about Moo's weight, at least from Foo.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
your jacket doesn't fit is double speak for you're a fat ****.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I will say this for the last time: leave
foo.gif
alone.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
I think blaming the world is, by far, the path of least resistance, and I do not blame you for taking it.

I didn't jump to blaming others. I first examined how others view me, and then questioned the rationality of their views. As I explained in the comment you are responding to, there doesn't seem to be much rationality at all, which naturally leads me to wonder what personal motivations are at work. As such, I don't think it's fair to say I'm simply looking for an easy way out.

Originally Posted by zillka
where are you originally from (not NYC I presume)? i just can't imagine why you care so much about disproving others' opinions. you join the dime a dozen type in this city who spend thousands on fashion and probably still rent without building equity.

the beauty of fashion is not obsessing to the point of approval seeking. it seems, well, desperate. here's to dudes rockin' old navy blazers half off and still being able to pull major ***** (or dick) with their personalities and girth.

i want to buy you a beer at coppersmith's and we'll laugh at ourselves. are you capable of a bit of self-deprecation?

This post demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about. Rather than respond directly to my thoughts or opinions, you begin questioning my background and motivatation. Who cares how much equity I'm building when I post pictures of my Rubinacci suits or the OneShoe and discuss them? If you can't keep the topic to clothing and style, don't go on pretending I'm the one with personal issues.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
1. if you criticized less and more constructively
2. learnt moderation when it came to having your way and BEING right
3. didnt buy 5 pairs of the same shoes

i think that will eliminate 99% of the perception/opinions you think people have of you.

1. I think I'm pretty constructive--not to toot my own horn. Foofing is as constructive as it gets. After all, it is literally constructing change. Keep in mind, guys like Moo aren't complainging that my criticisms are empty, but that I am criticizing their clothes at all.

2. Well, I admit that I do not shy away from controversy or avid discussion, but I also don't see why one would expect otherwise in this specific environment. In casual social settings, for example, I would be the last to bring up politics or religion. But if I was at a gathering specifically intended to focus on a particular subject that would be boorish or impolite elsewhere, I would enthusiastically participate nonetheless. If you just want casual, polite compliments thrown at the way you dress, you don't need a place like Styleforum. With respect to our common interest, there are many points-of-vew to be shared and developed.

3. Pity you haven't found the right shoe yet.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, um, in hindsight, what do you think about pairing a bespoke DJ with JL Philip IIs?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Yeah, um, in hindsight, what do you think about pairing a bespoke DJ with JL Philip IIs?

I'm not proud of it, but it had to be done.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So, uh, are you getting those cufflinks? I think Luca would approve. They'd give you a kind of badass vibe like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction (if Mr. Sam was around he could Footoshop your head into Jackson's afro).

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair enough. Have you since taken steps to ensure that the pairing will not occur again in the future?

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
British spy spoofs from the '60s can offer solace as well.

JHC, it's all about the Rigg with you, isn't it?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
JHC, it's all about the Rigg with you, isn't it?

We need a burnbulb-style photograph of the Doc within his own home.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
So, uh, are you getting those cufflinks? I think Luca would approve. They'd give you a kind of badass vibe like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction (if Mr. Sam was around he could Footoshop your head into Jackson's afro).

In this case, what does 'M F' stand for? Mofo or MooFoo?

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
We need a burnbulb-style photograph of the Doc within his own home.

- B

No, we don't.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Calling Vox ... Come in Vox.​

Some of RSS's photos are in an old (well, 2005) AAAC article by the controversial and maligned Master Tailor Darren Beaman called, Soft vs Hard Tailoring by Darren Beaman. The photos persist since they were rehosted, I think. For those innocent of the Beaman controversies, I suggest that you maintain your innocence and simply read the article above and subtract any references he makes to himself.

I think it is a pretty good rundown of some of the topics he discusses within it.

If you insist on getting a flavor of the Beamanicide, you can check out this and this. The suit in the latter had a further life in controversy, I believe.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads