1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Bad Taste Offs

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Nov 30, 2009.

1. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Apt characterization by referencing The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
    Richard Feynman, actually.

2. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

View count just broke 10,000! Will the smack down continue? Will the view count break
    20K? [​IMG]

3. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

5. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

imbed fail noob.

It's this damn forum code. I just type in HTML automatically.

6. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Richard Feynman, actually.

Richard Attenborough also studied this phenomenon and presented it in his Quest In Paradise.

7. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Who was the Third Man?

"Oh, Holly, you and I aren't heroes. The world doesn't make any heroes outside of your stories. "

8. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

dude... you sig is half my screen... [​IMG]

Good point. [​IMG] Edited.

9. binge

binge Senior member

Here in Europe, yes, we have them....

Yes, but there they are actually the 14th floor, so it's ok.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

Teger wouldn't be teger if he didn't frequently come out of left field to spew childish, witless insults while never contributing anything of substance. Yet, for whatever reason, we're supposed to treat him like an adult. I don't know which Senior Member came up with that rule, but it smacks of Obama-esque liberalism. Are you saying Moo is an FNB-Kabbaz hybrid, but with much lower quality goods?
    Im sorry I can dunk a basketball. I know this must be hard for you to accept, but with some time maybe.. maybe we can work through this ps: even though your glasses probably cost you thousands of dollars they make you look like a bobblehead doll. invest in contacts or lasik for fucks sake.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

One question guys.

We're talking about sartorial experts without noticing that the people we do see qualifying for that title are actually absent from this thread.

Is it a pure reflection on Style Forum content ?

Pages of in-fighting , relentless feuds and ego clashes and no that much substance...

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

One question guys.

We're talking about sartorial experts without noticing that the people we do see qualifying for that title are actually absent from this thread.

Is it a pure reflection on Style Forum content ?

Pages of in-fighting , relentless feuds and ego clashes and no that much substance...

Come for the Style, stay for the lulz. [​IMG]

13. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Im sorry I can dunk a basketball. I know this must be hard for you to accept, but with some time maybe.. maybe we can work through this

I've never thought of the ability to put a ball through a hoop without using any particular skill as especially life affirming, but I'm glad it works for you.

ps: even though your glasses probably cost you thousands of dollars they make you look like a bobblehead doll. invest in contacts or lasik for fucks sake.

So young, yet so bitter. Most of the people around here who take issue with what I spend have had significantly more years under their belts to accrue resentment.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

I've never thought of the ability to put a ball through a hoop without using any particular skill as especially life affirming, but I'm glad it works for you.

So young, yet so bitter. Most of the people around here who take issue with what I spend have had significantly more years under their belts to accrue resentment. You're quite precocious.

I don't care how much you spend - my point is that your glasses are ugly and exaggerate your giant head. the fact that you spent thousands to bespeak them makes this even more of a joke

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

¿QuÃ[​IMG]...usted no tiene gusto lucha libre?

[​IMG]

Sexo y violencia!

- B

16. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

[​IMG]

Oh man, I needed this thread. Keep the insults going. I haven't heard any "yo momma" remarks yet!

17. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Im sorry I can dunk a basketball.

Can you really dunk? I call BS. I'd be incredibly impressed, if you could, though. I can grab the net and pull myself up to the rim, but a) that's cheating and b) it's not really practical in the run of play.

18. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior member

I normally don't comment on this sort of thing. Waste of time. But it seems to me that people with better things to do (including me) waded through page after page of inanity to conclude that Foo dresses better than Moo. Now that's gripping. The whole thread is juvenile and pointless, yet another platform for attention whores. Talk about bad taste. Really sad. I guess some people are bored with Styleforum. Of course, my opinion means little. Not enough posts in the Lord of the Rings hiearchy. I now return to anonymity.

19. voxsartoria

I now return to anonymity.

Don't stay away too long...get a swell mask, come back, and wrestle with us (well, with others.)

- B

20. voxsartoria

Can you really dunk? I call BS.

I'm puzzled by your doubt over Teh Teger's leaping ability.

[​IMG]

- B