• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bachelor: Rome

sartorially senseless

Reaction score
this form has seriously twisted me.

my gf was watching that tv show The Bachelor, 25 hot women and all i could see was the horrible fit of the guys suit ---- the neck was boucing around when he was walking and pulling away when he was sitting/standing

did anyone catch this?

i love to hate this form. <end rant>

*edit* i should learn the word forum.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You'd think being a &quot;prince&quot; he'd have enough money to have a decent enough wardrobe where the show wouldn't have to dress him. His entire outfit looked awful, down to the shoes that were no doubt the Kenneth Cole variety.

Calden

Reaction score
I haven't seen the show, but I'm wondering what makes him a prine. Italy doesn't have any kings or queens, right? Or does prince just mean filthy rich in "American".

I mean prince.

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
I haven't seen the show, but I'm wondering what makes him a prine. Italy doesn't have any kings or queens, right? Or does prince just mean filthy rich in "American".

I haven't seen the show so I have no idea who this guy is or if he is truly a prince, but Italy still has a semi-royal family, the House of Savoy. They are the descendants of the pre-WWII Italian monarchy.

I don't think anybody takes them very seriously (and they were barred from entering the country for a number of years) but they still call themselves princes and dukes.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
Or does prince just mean filthy rich in "American".

HEY! We have a Prince:
10352231-10352233-large.jpg

We also have a Count:
jpeg1124519040.jpg

And another one:
sesame_street_count_dracula.jpg

Garfieldthecat

Reaction score
My wife watched it. I wish he would have snugged up his tie a bit. It was so loose around the collar that you could see the button.
shog[1].gif

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it, but don't forget who wants to marry a millionaire? They had a damn rube on acting like he had money. $20 says this is the same thing - no money and no class for the prince, just a title.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He might be a prince, but he does not look Italian nor does he speak the language. So, my guess is: he is some distant relative of Borghese family who belongs to it by name, but represents nothing of it's past.
Learn your ancestor's language you yank
smile.gif

On another note. Those two Italian girls are fantastic!!!

Aureus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorially senseless
*edit* i should learn the word forum.

Especially when talking about Rome!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the radio this morning they were talking with a local who was on the show (and is off already I guess). She said he speaks no Italian and is the grandson of a woman who &quot;was a princess or something.&quot; Oh oh, I almost forgot, she also said that when the producers asked her if she wanted one-on-one time with him she had to tell them that she couldn't see a single reason why she should as they had nothing to say to one another (or something like that). The impression was that he is a dolt.

For the record, I didn't watch it. I'm eagerly awaiting Top Chef 2.

b

SEAWARD

Reaction score
OK, I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that I saw the whole thing. There was definitely some awesome scenery tho!! So I think I can clear up some of the questions.

The prince thing -

One of his ancestors was a Pope. So he bestowed titles on many of the family members. If you've ever been to Rome, you know that the name Borghese is everywhere - on palaces, streets, gardens, etc.

This guy's parents left Rome for western Europe and the US when he was only 2, so he never really learned to speak much Italian. He now lives in NY. As someone surmised, he is a "prince" in name only, as he obviously has no "ruling" authority in Italy. His grandmother started the high-end Borghese cosmetic company back in the 50s or 60s. I think they said that his father ran/runs the company. He works there also, and has a business or two of his own, as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads