• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The axe thread - Best Made Co.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Benzito
Bullshit. I can't imagine picking sesame seeds from between my teeth with a seven pound axe head. It's hard enough slipping a shiv in the prison showers, how do you realistically expect a fella to sneak in an axe with handle? Up his ass?

ha. Anyhow, an axe is the most important tool you can have for survival in a wooded area. It's the equivalent of a machete in the jungle.

mtechnic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Other axes to check out are Gränsfors. A little more rustic but well regarded. The Swedes know wood cutting.

48u0307s1.jpg

lefty

that throwing axe is amazing

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good thread Lefty.

I saw a show about axes. Truly nice ones are real pieces of art, working art that is.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtechnic
that throwing axe is amazing

The double bit axe is a handy tool if you have to fell a number of trees. You can let one bit take some abuse on the rougher parts of a tree (the swell or roots) and still keep a keen edge on the other.

Check out the sharpness on this Gränsfors:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Tomahawk Guy has some mad throwing skills:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
good thread Lefty.

I saw a show about axes. Truly nice ones are real pieces of art, working art that is.

Bingo.

lefty

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I get nervous about Leftys running around with axes.
laugh.gif

Yeah, especially if he's buying them in Tribeca. Damn.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
I was wondering when they'd release a $95 hatchet with a pink paint job. Now I know.

Everyone needs an axe and a little pink in their lives.

Originally Posted by Redwoood
No doubt an axe is a very useful tool in a woodland survival situation.
But when you pack an axe, it's quite a commitment in terms of weight and size which may force you to compromise in other areas in order to manage your load(-out).

Opinions?

storskogsyxa.jpg

This forest axe is 1.2 kg. That's 2.6 lbs of live-saving tool. Leave the blow dryer at home.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lost in the woods with nothing but an axe . . .

Stranded man cuts power poles to draw attention.

The man reported he had been on a boat on the lake when he hit bad weather. He ended up stranded in the bush, with no way to communicate with the outside world, Parker said.

But he had an axe and he knew SaskPower would have to check the downed line, so he went to work.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewa...#ixzz0q6DINk8E

lefty

CMJTperry

Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about Guitars when I opened it.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Lost in the woods with nothing but an axe . . .

Stranded man cuts power poles to draw attention.

The man reported he had been on a boat on the lake when he hit bad weather. He ended up stranded in the bush, with no way to communicate with the outside world, Parker said.

But he had an axe and he knew SaskPower would have to check the downed line, so he went to work.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewa...#ixzz0q6DINk8E

lefty

I see a market niche for an axe-shaped cell phone...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads