1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Rumor is Loki brings the Skrulls to earth and it's an invasion.

2. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Hmm interesting...Will be challenging imo to do skrulls..

3. Jr Mouse

Aliens who spend 3/4 the movie looking like normal people. They would only need to do CG for the times they reveal what they look like. Doesn't seem that challenging to me. I'm sure the end would have an epic battle with skrull spacecraft, but they should have the budget for that.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

No challenging in the sense that will people want to see a storyline like that. I mean me personally, I would love to see that. However, I can already tell that my friends who don't read comics will say wtf to the skrulls.

5. Jr Mouse

I see what you are saying, but all they really need to be are shape-shifting aliens who invade earth. Seems an easy sell to the mainstream.

Leave out the Super Skrull and keep it simple.

6. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Well I would be hoping for Super Skrull...just cause it gives them a 'super' villain to fight against.

I would imagine Loki will take control of Hulk as well and have them battle it out to control Hulk meanwhile Super Skrull and the rest of the skrulls are invading earth.

I guess I can see why people might wonder why he has the FF abilities....

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

8. gort

gort Senior member

So hawkeye and hulk won't have their own movies before this comes out right? Or, should I ask, is the Hulk in this movie considered to be Eric Bana or Ed Norton, or a new one?

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hawkeye won't have his own origins because, well, he doesn't need to have one. He isn't going to pull much audience like the others, plus he is mainly part of the SHIELD already.

As for the Hulk, I believe it is supposed to be the Norton Hulk, he's just replaced by Rufallo. In the end of that Hulk film, Stark made a cameo as he spoke to Gen. Ross about his "problem."

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

11. Neo_Version 7

^ I like. Jeremy Renner though....eh. Sticks out too much imo.

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Anyone disappointed that they don't have Ant Man and Wasp on the team?

I know they are sorta taking the 'Ultimates' approach to all this (Thor's past, Black Nick Fury etc..) but do you think they might have them in there in minor roles? Possibly even Wanda and Pietro?

Nonetheless its gearing up to be awesome so far.

Also how cool would it be if this happened:

* Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
    * Captain America: Brad Pitt
    * Iron Man: Johnny Depp
    * Giant-Man: Matthew McConaughey
    * The Wasp: Lucy Liu
    * Dr. Bruce Banner: Steve Buscemi

Its funny how when I first saw Samuel jackson, I instantly thought about this team up from Ultimates when they discussed it in the comics. I thought maybe Samuel Jackson may have done it simply because of that. (Ultimates #4)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  13. Neo_Version 7

Wanda definitely not since she's a mutant.

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

So is Pietro.

She was one of the early members of the Avengers, and they haven't showcased either of them in X-Men either...

15. Neo_Version 7

They haven't showed 90% of the mutants in the X-Men movies but that doesn't give Marvel/Disney rights to show them on-screen.

16. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Hmm true.. but just saying since they were pretty popular and prominent members and joined very early on..they were also in the Ultimates version as well..

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I could do w/o AntMan or Wasp. There are enough star power/characters there not to mention the villain(s). I just don't see a point in them being included unless it's some Easter egg or a teaser at the end where they might join in the sequel.

Plus it really doesn't matter if they were early members, I don't think they care. I mean they are calling Capt. America the "First Avenger" when isn't even one of the og founding member.

18. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yeah, i see your point. I was more thinking of them being easter eggs or background characters as well. Or like maybe stationed elsewhere or something.
    Ant Man's power is OP for the movies, and Wasps is kinda stupid... Thats the main reason I can think of, as well as the sheer lack of approval I can see from the audience.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hmmm....

Skrulls anyone? Well, looks like an alien gun either way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

New suit makes Cap looks skinny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]