The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You mean Hawkeye?

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i meant hawkeye

i was thinking of green archer

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol: Both Hawkeye and green Arrow doesn't really have powers, their just very skilled humans. They're like Batman or Iron Man.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Powers and abilities

While Hawkeye has no superhuman powers (with the exception of the period when using Pym particles to become Goliath), he is at the very peak of human conditioning; he is an exceptional fencer, acrobat and a grandmaster marksman, having been trained from childhood in the circus and by the criminals Trick Shot and Swordsman. Hawkeye has also been thoroughly trained by Captain America in tactics, martial arts, and hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye excels in the use of ranged weapons, especially the bow and arrow, and carries a quiver containing a number of customized "trick-arrows". In his role as Ronin, Barton shows great proficiency with the katana and other melee weapons.

Hawkeye is also known to use a "Sky-Cycle" as his mode of transportation. The Sky-Cycle is modelled after a commercial snowmobile and is fitted with anti-gravitational technology. It is voice operated and has an auto-pilot steering system. The original Sky-Cycle was custom made for Hawkeye by Jorge Latham while he was employed by Cross Technological Enterprises.[2] Latham was later employed by the West Coast Avengers and built several more.[96]

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yeah i guess. they just seem so useless. batman has his gadgets and intellect, iron man has his suit, hawkeye has what?... bow and arrows? what're you going to do with those against an alien race with weapons that shoot laser beams

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Correction, exploding arrows. :D

But overall, it's not always about powers. I mean Black Widow just has guns, same with Nick Fury. Just different skills and it adds some diversity to the team.

7. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

While leading the West Coast Avengers, Hawkeye helped defeat Ultron, Master Pandemonium and the Grim Reaper.

So I'm confident in his ability.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Seriously now, someone can PS the store Target on this pic and no one would be able to tell that it is an actual movie costume.
    [​IMG]

9. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

^^ ugh.... not digging The Caps' attire.

This is way better.

[​IMG]

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Been reading more and more buzz from this movie after early screenings. The vast majority is extremely positive. Hulk apparently steals the show. Can't wait. :slayer:

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

indesertum you suck koks, not euphemisticaly, I mean you literally stick your lips on rods and inhale. I don't mean this in a touchy feely "being gay is OK" way. I mean it in the old fashund you are in the closet but still suking kocks way. What the fuck is a Green Archer? It's fuck stiks like U that fuck up super hero movys, U koks no nothing about comics but projusers pander to the jeneral ordians of dikheds liek U. U shud eet shit and dye.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Truly The Bard himself could not have said it better.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

early reviews seems very very positive

14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

The film opened in Oz yesterday andI saw it today its great. Won't give any spoilers away but as a long term fan of the Avengers comics of the 1960's & 70's its a blast. Stan is back and very well cast and the post credit snippet sets up number two. Mind you still coming to terms with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012