The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Phantom Zone

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Even in the modern version (minus the new 52 which he can't even fly, just jump) Superman is still overpowered. He can get hurt but melee attacks but w/o Kryptonite or Magic, it seems like he still can't be beaten. I guess you can say the Hulk is somewhat like Doomsday, except Doomsday evolves/adapts (even in defeat) so he continually gets better/stronger while the Hulk has infinite strength. I think the Superman Doomday killed is one of the weaker iterations though.

Still, we've still not seen what an all out, no holding back punch by Superman can do while we have with the Hulk. I think that is one main factor we have to considering in measuring strengths. Supes also has a plethora of powers and he can always fly into the Sun and go super saiyan. It's a toss up battle and really hard to tell but I still give it to the boy scout. if he was against Silver Surfer who can manipulate his skin to become kryptonite and kill him or even Thor with his magical power (Supes also lifted Mjolnir btw) then yeah there is a bigger odds of Supes losing.

The way I see the ending of the Hulk vs. Superman battle, even if Supes somehow gets stomped to a bloody pulp, he'd likely talk the Hulk down til he revert back to Banner and eventually, Superman wins. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Couldn't Superman just fly the Hulk out the Galaxy and leave him on a deserted planet somewhere? It's not like he can fly and unless the Hulk was found, that's where he would stay.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Any of you guys who like the superhero on superhero arcs should check out the new Ultimate universe comics. X-men and Ultimates. Its completely nuts but its interesting to say the least.

5. Jr Mouse

[​IMG]

Anyone remember this?

[​IMG]

6. Jr Mouse

I gave up on anything Ultimate Universe related a while back.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

He'll get angry enough that he'll be able to jump from planet to planet.

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

That'd be cool.

I forgot about the sun thing, that's pretty much Sups ulitimate.

9. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

When your power is based predominantly on some farcical green magick object and you call in the entire squadron for a battle, a wiley opponent (someone like Bats, Hank, etc.) would find a way to exploit it. GL is very overmatched as a member of the JL, in my eyes. He's not very smart, and his power ring can be bested no matter how strongly he wills the object.

And Bats hasn't? I think this debate is impossible for any side to ever win -- there have been literally dozens of interpretations of Batman and Capt. America. Hell, if you watch Super and Batman - Apocalypse (the 2010 film), Batman outwits Darkseid in Apokolips, and Darkseid is seen as the strongest (or #2 compared to imba-Brainiac) of all of Super's foes. I'm sure CA's done the same, I'm just not enough of a fan to ever have cared. In most renditions i've seen of him, though, he's just a smash-em-up warrior. The brains in the Avengers are split between Starks and Pym.

10. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Unlike all of the other superhero powers which are based on perfectly rational science.

11. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Lol.

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Nah, but the only reason Hal is a hero is because he has a ring. Similarly the Shade in the animated JL series was only a villain while he had his magic stick. Stark is reliant on his gadgets and gizmos, but his massive intellect is his real superpower. Similarly with Batman. I just don't consider "oh you're holding this object, well i guess you have powers!!" all that worthy of being a hero or a villain.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

whoa... aunt may's got a tight bod!

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Born under a red sun?

Hal is a hero because he was deemed worthy by the guardians/ring, unlike the majority who got their powers through happenstance.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

....except for Juggernaut.