1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is that at least Capt. A's real costume in the movie?
    I am interested to see how Hawkeye looks, mostly how they make his mask.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. barims

barims Senior member

I was keen on seeing the Wasp included, but a team of 6 is the perfect number to prevent character overcrowding

I can't help but suspect Hawkeye to be the comic relief, which is saying something when Chris Evans is the team leader

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

^ That news makes me happy. Cobie Smulders ftw.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I was hoping I would find Emma Peel here. [​IMG]

9. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Any idea on the villain for the Avengers? Not Galactus, probably not the Skrulls.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I was hoping I would find Emma Peel here.
    [​IMG]

they already ruined that one
    [​IMG]

11. Neo_Version 7

Any idea on the villain for the Avengers? Not Galactus, probably not the Skrulls.

Studios had their chance with Galactus and they effed it up. Skrulls would be off the chain though.

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Last I heard the signs were pointing to them being Skrulls.

13. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I just don't see how you could fit the Skrulls into one movie, especially with so many people already. On the other hand, it'd let each of them showcase their powers. You'd have waves of cannon fodder you could rip through, and the Super-Skrulls to do major battle vs.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They should do the Ultimates version, trying to contain a rampaging Hulk in the midst of an alien invasion. In the end the Hulk ends up helping, etc... etc...

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I just don't see how you could fit the Skrulls into one movie, especially with so many people already. On the other hand, it'd let each of them showcase their powers. You'd have waves of cannon fodder you could rip through, and the Super-Skrulls to do major battle vs.

Shape changing aliens who invade the planet. Seems like perfect summer action movie fodder to me.

16. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Shape changing aliens who invade the planet. Seems like perfect summer action movie fodder to me.

It sounds good, but some of the heroes are supposed to be replaced, yet we haven't enough backstory to care/know who is important enough to be replaced. I think it'd be a great sequel, like at the end of the movie, show that some S.H.I.E.L.D. director or something is actually an alien. Obvious, but good cliffhanger and sequel set up.

17. Neo_Version 7

It sounds good, but some of the heroes are supposed to be replaced, yet we haven't enough backstory to care/know who is important enough to be replaced. I think it'd be a great sequel, like at the end of the movie, show that some S.H.I.E.L.D. director or something is actually an alien. Obvious, but good cliffhanger and sequel set up.

Just like G.I. Joe. [​IMG]

18. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Recently found out about "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" TV series. Pretty neat. Wonder who the villian for The Avengers film is going to be.

The Justice League is so much better than The Avengers though.

19. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Recently found out about "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" TV series. Pretty neat. Wonder who the villian for The Avengers film is going to be.

The Justice League is so much better than The Avengers though.

Just found it this week ha ha, it's pretty decent. It's primarily a children's show, but still completely watchable.

20. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Just found it this week ha ha, it's pretty decent. It's primarily a children's show, but still completely watchable.

I may be too old for cartoons, but this past month I've watched Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Seasons 1 & 2. Time well spent. Cartoons in the style of comic books (versus things like the new Batman series, etc.) are awesome.