• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

cap36__ypkas7dl.gif

So this is the 21st century costume version? :confused:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was good for what it was... just don't go in expecting The Third Man or The Godfather level of quality and you'll be ok. Very few 'silly' action films are spectacular (Star Trek or the Dark Knight are two examples of what I regard as spectacular).

Dark Knight is over rated and Star Trek was merely good.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad they're saving the Skrulls for the sequel.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really can't see them doing two alien invasion flicks in a row.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scale-wise, I feel like they are always going to need some type of invasion, world-domination type scenario to appease the average movie-goer. They can come in the form of an alien invasion (those obscure aliens RFX posted) or a singular cosmic entity (ala Galactus). We all know how the latter turned out but that's why I feel the Skrulls would work in a sequel. Hopefully, it'll be more subtle. If not, they could always bring in Thanos.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you ever read the final arc of the original ULTIMATES (Ultimate Marvel Avengers)? I could see them go that way, with them having to fight an evil version of their own team. Plus it could be tied in nicely with Loki.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing with the "fighting their evil counter-parts" is that a Skrull storyline would have that too (and more to offer I feel). The only "evil version of themselves" storyline I really liked was Crisis on Two Earths.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark Knight is awesome and so is Star Trek.

Dark Knight was pretty good but everyone wanks on about Heath Ledger's Joker, I found him annoying, what was with all the lip smacking and tongue poking? He was almost as bad as Nicholson.

Star Trek was OK but it wasn't a Star Trek movie and it had some truely awful things in it, for example;

Awful

Awful

Awful

Looks like the 1970s TARDIS.

And what the **** was this?

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But those things were awesome, not awful. Loved the movie.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loved the movie. Hated the lens flare.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads