• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ashes

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any cricket followers here? Lets go Aussies. Predicting 3-0.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hatrick to Siddle.

Proves himself to be a good choice to the selectors.

also predict 3 nil, with wins at Gabba, WACA and Adelaide Oval. Draws on Boxing day and Sydney tests.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchell Johnson not off to a good start in the series.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US 5/327 day 3
Again, looks like the poms best players are two saffas

Wrigglez

Reaction score
worship.gif
Hussy
worship.gif

edit:
worship.gif
Hadden
worship.gif
too

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cant believe Hussey caught on 195 going for a six

streetminimal

Reaction score
lol north and johnson should've been excluded. god's sake.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Australia re-claims the Ashes. Easily too.

Not sure about that

Strauss, Trott and Pieterson are all great players...

the rest are English

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
the rest are English

lol...

Well, Australia's attack looked pretty toothless today. Must agree that Johnson shouldn't be playing. Whatever happened to Stuart Clark? Really reminded me of Asif, looks pretty dibbly dobbly but really effective.

Is Bollinger available too? It seems like Aus should have a really good pace attack right now, with the amount of pacers that have done well individually over the last couple of years.

It'll be interesting to see how well Swann bowls in the fourth innings over the series. 3 lefties in Aussie lineup.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
lol... Well, Australia's attack looked pretty toothless today. Must agree that Johnson shouldn't be playing. Whatever happened to Stuart Clark? Really reminded me of Asif, looks pretty dibbly dobbly but really effective. Is Bollinger available too? It seems like Aus should have a really good pace attack right now, with the amount of pacers that have done well individually over the last couple of years. It'll be interesting to see how well Swann bowls in the fourth innings over the series. 3 lefties in Aussie lineup.
Never knew you were into cricket. Nice to see many cricket followers here! Yep don't know what happened to Stuart Clark or Bracken for that matter for ODIs. I agree, Clark is similar to Asif. Bollinger is available and in the team but they chose Siddle and Johnson over him. The pitch is not offering much as well but Australia should have definitely picked more than just a lone wicket the entire day.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t take anything away from Cook and Strauss though, Cook in particular is playing a belter.
Taking into consideration that he fielded for an innings and then had a 10 minute break and so far has carried his bat for the entire battings 2nd innings, its hard believe he is only 25.
Swan is good on scratchy goat tracks, but it takes a lot to impress on belter Aussie wickets. He might enjoy the SCG though.
I don’t see England taking the Grahame Smith approach of going for the jugular. They hold the Ashes, so only need to retain them. A draw in the first test is a big step there

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hard to imagine a result from this test.

i am surrounded my poms at work and they are all super confident for a win
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads