• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ashes 2009

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I'm not technically sure if a time wasting is cheating, although I do agree it's poor form. Just your reaction is extreme given a) some of the cheating that has gone on within the game of cricket in the past and b) the poor form shown by Australia any number of times in the past.

Furthermore I don't see why you feel that the English don't deserve to win the second test, no "cheating" this time, just playing far better. For what it's worth England were awful in the first test and I will happily let the the Aussie's call out the physio needlessly once to even the score.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe Australia have changed...
They are under instructions not to indulge in any sledging this year. Perhaps we've lowered ourselves to the their 'win at all costs' mentality and for the first time in their history they're making an effort to play the game in the spirit it was intended...

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Have to say, Aussies whining about poor sportsmanship borders on the comical...
1981Underarm.jpg

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brave declaration - I'd have batted this morning. Paying off though!

Standard Toaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal

And besides, even if we (Australia) did win once again, the ashes will still remain in England as it always did.

Since when has the urn been the trophy?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashkobalt
Have to say, Aussies whining about poor sportsmanship borders on the comical...

1981Underarm.jpg

there is nowhere in the world where that particular episode is more widely reviled than in Australia. Neither Chappell has ever lived it down, it basically ended the career of Trevor and is a massive black mark on Greg, otherwise one of the finest batsmen the country has ever produced. It was atrocious sportsmanship, and Australians were the first to call out our own on it.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Have to agree with M@T that the Aussie's hate that and I remember seeing interviews with both of the Chappell's about it. Like I said before I agree that England where wrong to do what happened in the first test, just think that it's a bit extreme to start calling the English ******* cheats after some of the other stuff has gone before in cricket.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6719629.ece

Not a great article, but interesting comments about Ponting slowing the game down (isn't that what England did) not being in the spirit of the game.

Anyway. Ignoring spirit of the game: England 1 Australia 1
Winning the game England 1 Australia 0

shrimper777

Reaction score
Lucky Flintoff was still able to bowl...we will struggle if this was his last game

Stabber

Reaction score
What a disgraceful show of cheatmenship by the poms. The captain should be sacked for blatently cheating over that grounded ball. Ricky Ponting knew it wasnt out, yet the lying, cheating pommy captain still claimed it was out.
England did not win this test, the woeful umpiring and cheating ******* poms stole it.
It was also quite obvious in the first test the poms needed to also cheat to save face.
Well done you cheating maggots, you just fucked the game of crickret.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
^

crybaby.jpg

Stabber

Reaction score
Well i guess you cant reply to the truth.
It takes 75 years and some disgusting cheating to actually win at Lords.
Well done you pommy fuckheads, and your response shows you condone your teams cheating.
Sounded like some commentators wanted to run down and suck off Flintoff between every over, but they would have had to line up behind his team mates.
What a ******* disgrace!
And i thought we were supposed to be the convicts.
crackup[1].gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stabber
Well done you cheating maggots, you just fucked the game of crickret.

No they did that a long time ago.

Baggy Greens w00t w00t!

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Nice stabber. Glad the Aussie's are so special and have never "cheated" before. Hell your guys appealed for catches that weren't and the English certainly have no control over the umpire. Bitter much?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
Nice stabber. Glad the Aussie's are so special and have never "cheated before". Hell you're guys appealed for catches that weren't and the English ceertainly have no control over the umpire. Bitter much?

Bitter much? HA 13 year old school girl much?

Aussies were outplayed the whole game and didnt deserve a win.. but...

Hughes - ball didnt carry

Katich - No ball

Hussey - Didnt hit the ball

Strauss & Pietersen - SOUTH AFRICAN!!

Flintoff - Wanker.. take a few wickets and put up your arms like a demigod.. HA

Bring back Harmison and Jones.. good bowlers who are actually down to earth..

Anyway, you'll choke and lose the series no doubt.. i would put my house on it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads