• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Artist is Absent: The Official Maison Martin Margiela Thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Margiela x Mykita frames? I'm trying to find a place in the Bay Area that carries them. @RegisDB9
mykita-m-mm-sun-mmesse007-e9-nude-warmgrey-flash-1562b83f70390b.jpg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Margiela x Mykita frames? I'm trying to find a place in the Bay Area that carries them. @RegisDB9 View attachment 1041384

I personally love the model you posted and the old discontinued angular aviators from the collab

Parker, I can actually recomend goodseeco they are in Cali (Venice) and are the best in terms of service, I’ve contacted them to buy the mmesse007 (the pair you have posted) in gold but with brown lenses instead of the flash lenses. I’ve had to replace those flash lenses twice now since they scratch verrrryyyy easily I mean anything rubs against it......the outer layer of the lens comes off. Goodseeco will put in some brown lenses at no extra cost for me even though they said it was $120 extra

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Love this thread! So much knowledge and great info!

View attachment 1026766
Searching for these in a 46-12uk-13us. Anyone here tried these or own a pair?

Those are very nice, run true to size and probably the best made boots in terms of the new stuff, the suede is nice and thick. At the moment I can only find it in size 10 but if you’re patient it should show up on YOOX soon

margiela 99aw wool apron
i-img802x1200-1536424413pbzvd2116497.jpg
i-img802x1200-1536424409ytiwpl396612.jpg

Can’t see it brah

This is an amazing, almost scholarly thread. I was lucky enough to see the Martin Margiela retrospective last April (2018) in Paris. Before this exhibition, which was comprehensive, I had known about him as an "important" designer, but not really appreciated his work. While I still prefer Yohji and Issey to wear, I now appreciate his intellectual contribution.
View attachment 1034001

Very cool

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks, Regis man. I'll check them out.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Parker I have 2 pairs. One I ordered from Goodseeco (FWIW they were not helpful with replacement lenses). I've also ordered replacement lenses from Mountain View Optometry, which carries Mykita and can custom order things.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@Parker I have 2 pairs. One I ordered from Goodseeco (FWIW they were not helpful with replacement lenses). I've also ordered replacement lenses from Mountain View Optometry, which carries Mykita and can custom order things.

Bro did you have the same problem I did with the lenses and the foil like layer coming off? I was kind of dissapointed how easily it would come off given the quality of mykita

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro did you have the same problem I did with the lenses and the foil like layer coming off? I was kind of dissapointed how easily it would come off given the quality of mykita

Held up really well for a long time (I took them to Hawaii etc.), but then got scratched up pretty bad somehow. I put a new scratch on my replacement silver flash lenses already, but I like them. My other pair has "normal" lenses.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Held up really well for a long time (I took them to Hawaii etc.), but then got scratched up pretty bad somehow. I put a new scratch on my replacement silver flash lenses already, but I like them. My other pair has "normal" lenses.

I’m liking their new craft series, the essential are still my favorite though

725579DD-3FE7-4414-A5F9-24B0F9DEB4A2.jpeg

javy

Reaction score
Spring 2010

If you look at the COMM. line in the first pic, the last set of numbers (0101) correspond to the year and season. The last digit is season (1=ss, 2=fw) and the other digits correspond to the year

Vegard

Reaction score
Love this thread! So much knowledge and great info!

View attachment 1026766
Searching for these in a 46-12uk-13us. Anyone here tried these or own a pair?

Hey guys, so I ordrered these in 45 (yoox free shipping and return) and have them on now, the length is spot on, but abit tight in a few different spots, with the instep being one of them. The toes seem okey, albeit a bit tight. Do you think they'll stretch out?

They look and feel great quality wise, so very keen to keep them...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Galliano to margiela is arguably the best creative director fit ever IMO

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I ordrered these in 45 (yoox free shipping and return) and have them on now, the length is spot on, but abit tight in a few different spots, with the instep being one of them. The toes seem okey, albeit a bit tight. Do you think they'll stretch out?

They look and feel great quality wise, so very keen to keep them...
no, margiela footwear all runs a but small IME

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1.

I am a 46 in all Margiela footwear but 45 in everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads