• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

jeremygo

Reaction score
Which loafers are those? Looking for a similar pair.
The Cohen Loafers from Beckett Simonon! I’ve ordered a few pairs of shoes from them and they look great for the (relatively) low price. The only downside is they're made to order so take a few months to arrive.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a bit obsessive, but I'm on my second pair of Armoury chinos and I can't seem to find the right length to balance out the top block while not having the whole thing pooling at my ankles. I was conservative on the hemming due to suspected continual shrinkage and because I wanted to play with cuffing, but with a day's wear they feel rather loose and thereby lengthier.

Is there secret here I'm missing? I should note that I am seeking to wear these casually with shirts untucked, as well as tucked.

A related question: where Mark has cuffed these, has he had them permanently cuffed by a tailor or does he just role them? Single or double roll?

I had mine hemmed and added a permanent cuff at the store. I would guess folks from the Armoury who wear them cuffed probably have them permanently added, but not certain. With the cuff mine have no break and I think look very clean/neat.

I am not sure I understand OP question. I had mine hemmed just like any other trouser (except, after one wash to get any bit of shrinkage out of the way). I went with plain bottom no break. They don’t seem to stretch or lengthen after wearing them…..no issues with the two pair (khaki and olive) I have. Thinking about a third at some point to add a cuff.

Mark’s do appear to be hemmed with a permanent (pressed and sewn) cuff.

Henry S

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand OP question. I had mine hemmed just like any other trouser (except, after one wash to get any bit of shrinkage out of the way). I went with plain bottom no break. They don’t seem to stretch or lengthen after wearing them…..no issues with the two pair (khaki and olive) I have. Thinking about a third at some point to add a cuff.

Mark’s do appear to be hemmed with a permanent (pressed and sewn) cuff.
I believe he is talking about the chino getting loose in the waist.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe he is talking about the chino getting loose in the waist.

Ah, all the talk of hemming and cuffs no cuffs/rolling has me confused.

Regarding waist, mine don’t stretch out with wear. After the first wash waist (and length) seems to stay pretty consistent.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, all the talk of hemming and cuffs no cuffs/rolling has me confused.

Regarding waist, mine don’t stretch out with wear. After the first wash waist (and length) seems to stay pretty consistent.

It is a perfect calculus of length, secureness of top block and visual weight of hem.

Sadly for me, I do find the top block to stretch. Given the responses here, I think I'll probably go for a perma-cuff on the shorter side and deal with the insecurity at the waist. Although double cuffing is not the worse look in the world.

Club Soda

Reaction score
I had my sport chinos taken in at the waist 1.5” I think even though they were the proper size. The cotton is very soft, even more so after washing so I feel like they do slide down throughout the day.

They are the best pants I’ve owned though. I love the cotton weight and the thigh has just enough room that tapers to a perfect finish. I got mine hemmed plain with no break just above my shoes. If I could change on thing it’d be to swap for a zip fly. The buttons are just a hassle.

A color in between the khaki and natural would be great too.

I buy Khaki’s from O’Connell’s which are great too, have a long rise option, but the cloth and taper isn’t as nice.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not wash first before you hem it then?

That's a given, and I did. I appear to have found a good hem length to allow a single turn-up for casual wear, so I'm going with that for now.

Also, I really like them – the weave has a visual and actual texture that makes them unique.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cotton on the denim army chino and the regular sports chino do stretch a lot over the course of a few wears. I wear a belt to manage this and to keep these worn high waisted. I also hemmed them short to ensure no break. What do you guys think of the length? Too short?

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 149

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cotton on the denim army chino and the regular sports chino do stretch a lot over the course of a few wears. I wear a belt to manage this and to keep these worn high waisted. I also hemmed them short to ensure no break. What do you guys think of the length? Too short?

View attachment 1969233
View attachment 1969235

Looks like a good length to me.

Club Soda

Reaction score
Button fly is one of the nicest things about them.

View attachment 1969233
View attachment 1969235

Not too short. Looking at your right leg you’ve got a slight quarter break going. Mine are almost an inch shorter. I plan on getting suede Aldens to give my shells a break too.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
REALLY hoping that stone linen suit gets snatched up quickly...I can't take the temptation

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads