• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW21 Model 6 in wool-silk-linen. I'm normally a size 50 in The Armoury models, and this one is a 52. I decided to have the sides taken in recently, and am pleased with the results!
(With a Tie Your Tie square and necktie, and an old RLBL shirt.)

Ring Jacket Model 6 beige w-s-l_TYT Block Tie and Square_RLBL stripe shirt_mirror.jpg
Ring Jacket Model 6 beige w-s-l. _TYT Block Tie and Square_RLBL stripe shirt_profile.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do love the Model 6.

Seriously thinking about a flannel suit in this model for next F/W....

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do love the Model 6.

Seriously thinking about a flannel suit in this model for next F/W....

Lapels so wide, you can land airplane on them. Edges so sharp, you can cut butter :D

I keep hoping that The Armoury will do a "solid" mid-grey flannel Model 6 for the RTW line-up...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lapels so wide, you can land airplane on them. Edges so sharp, you can cut butter :D

I keep hoping that The Armoury will do a "solid" mid-grey flannel Model 6 for the RTW line-up...

If they don't (I think that they did this past year, but I could be mistaken) their MTO program is an option.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just inquired about an MTO RJ suit, said the quoted price was $2,800.

Fabric he was considering might've been H&S, but even if so that seems… like $1,000 too much to me.

Anybody have experience and can tell me whether that's realistic?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just inquired about an MTO RJ suit, said the quoted price was $2,800.

Fabric he was considering might've been H&S, but even if so that seems… like $1,000 too much to me.

Sounds about right.

kongmw

Reaction score

I commissioned my first MTM (2 piece) with RJ when they visited last Dec. All in it was $3200 ish. Fabric is Fox I believe?

jeremygo

Reaction score
Do you know if the cost is different at a RJ trunk show vs. the Armoury's regular MTO/MTM at the store? On the site, they list the starting prices as $2,150 for MTO and $2,350 for MTM.

Professor_3

Reaction score
Do you know if the cost is different at a RJ trunk show vs. the Armoury's regular MTO/MTM at the store? On the site, they list the starting prices as $2,150 for MTO and $2,350 for MTM.
Good question and I’m not 100% sure but the prices you’ve quoted sound about right to me. I had a suit commissioned in December and it was about $2500. Obviously, you can expect the price to vary based on the fabric you select. If off the rack isn’t a great fit for you, this is a great option.

relegant

Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone has owned the city hunter 2 jacket? Interested in the wool jersey version but can't grasp what the fabric would be like. Seem soft and slouchy on Mark's videos. Anyone experienced with how they hold up over time ?

pjm1289

Reaction score
City hunter wool jersey says "city hunter" on the tag on the inside, and it fits wonderfully. It has held up well over the year or so I've had it and is a bit stretchy, which is great. I have a MTM city hunter II as well (where the tag says II and the ascot chang logo) which is wonderful, but because of the fabric, doesn't stretch like the jersey

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone has owned the city hunter 2 jacket? Interested in the wool jersey version but can't grasp what the fabric would be like. Seem soft and slouchy on Mark's videos. Anyone experienced with how they hold up over time ?

Not a City Hunter jacket, but I have these:

They are the same fabric as the jacket. They look like flannel from a distance, but feel (and stretch) like sweatpants. Extremely comfortable

I've had mine a little over a year, and have been worn a lot. They have, so far, held up well. No issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads