• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Max@TheArmoury any chance of Real Mccoy's making a hoodie with similar specs to the sweatshirt? I don't think there's any scenario (I have an intense and irrational aversion to crewnecks) in which I'd wear the sweatshirt, but would absolutely snag a hoodie.

Also, Kamau looks fantastic in that charcoal suit in the lookbook. Cheers to simplicity.

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
Hey family, long time The Armoury lurker trying to make a foray into some great suits. I have a Ring Jacket TAJ03 in size 50 that I feel like could have maybe been a size up to a 52 to really dial it in as perfect. Just a little closely fitted in the pants and jacket for my taste though I still love the materials. I very much subscribe to the Armoury aesthetic of more room but well tailored. I’m looking to snag a model 3 or model 6 and was wondering where I should go with the size, a 50 or 52? Thank you!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey family, long time The Armoury lurker trying to make a foray into some great suits. I have a Ring Jacket TAJ03 in size 50 that I feel like could have maybe been a size up to a 52 to really dial it in as perfect. Just a little closely fitted in the pants and jacket for my taste though I still love the materials. I very much subscribe to the Armoury aesthetic of more room but well tailored. I’m looking to snag a model 3 or model 6 and was wondering where I should go with the size, a 50 or 52? Thank you!

I don't have any experience with the TAJ03 or The Armoury's Model 6. But I'm a 38 chest and I take the 48 in The Armoury's Model 3 (so US 38).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i’m EU46/US36 (on the short side) and the few one downsize to EU44, I think most stay TTS

why not just order both sizes and return the one that doesn’t work?

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the TAJ03 or The Armoury's Model 6. But I'm a 38 chest and I take the 48 in The Armoury's Model 3 (so US 38).

For sure, I’ll give it a shot then. I’m usually between a 50 and a 52 depending on how generously things are sized but more often find myself a 50. Thanks for the response

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
i’m EU46/US36 (on the short side) and the few one downsize to EU44, I think most stay TTS

why not just order both sizes and return the one that doesn’t work?

To be honest Im a little self conscious about doing it but it may be unavoidable in this circumstance and with the world as it is. I’ll get in contact with the team and find the middle path. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, how does the shoulder of Ring's Model 4 compare to their Model 1? Identical? Close cousins?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
646-613-7613
646-613-7614

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest Im a little self conscious about doing it but it may be unavoidable in this circumstance and with the world as it is. I’ll get in contact with the team and find the middle path.

Honest question - is buying two sizes and then returning one this a jerk thing to do? I don't necessarily do it often, but I don't really hesitate when I have doubts about how the sizing works...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all. Only if you abuse it. But this is the reality for online retailers these days. It benefits them in the long run because once you dial in your size you’re more likely to order with them with confidence.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honest question - is buying two sizes and then returning one this a jerk thing to do? I don't necessarily do it often, but I don't really hesitate when I have doubts about how the sizing works...

When in doubt I email whatever shop I'm buying from and just confirm that they understand my intentions. Probably helps me more than it does them. I never do this unless I plan to buy from that retailer. Doing it to buy elsewhere is not cool. If the OP is truly between sizes maybe he could do a MTM and split the difference?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just order both size it will cause them some shipping but better than you never buy, can call to get as close as possible but if not sure better than order 1 return 1 then order another 1 I suppose

TC11201

Reaction score
The difference in rates for the main common carriers for a couple of pounds is negligible (depending on destination a buck or so), so as long as you order both sizes at the same time and make your return promptly (so you aren’t tying up inventory), it’s not a jerk thing to do. if they run a decent e-comm fulfillment program, handling returns should also not be a big deal (and returns happen with b&m businesses as well). It’s part of doing business. I’m quite sure they’d rather have to deal with a return than lose your custom altogether.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if the incremental "first time" customer acquisition cost is just one additional ship and return I think they will be quite happy wit that.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

I don't think it is. I ordered a size small and medium polo, but returned the small. Now I know I am a size medium. If I am unsure of the size I always order two. These are expensive products so I want to make sure I get the size that fits me well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics