• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

BespokeBeirut

Reaction score
Being unsanforised and "once-washed", will the Armoury Nigel Caboun jeans shrink at all without being thrown in the dyer? The care instructions state: "We suggest choosing your normal size for the best fit, or take one size up for shrink to fit." It's the shrink to fit part that's a bit ambiguous. Thoughts/experiences?

Edit for clarity: The Armoury listing states they'll shrink with the dryer (duh), but is ambiguous about air drying: "Cold wash, inside out. Hang dry (will shrink up to 3cm in waist and 4cm in length if machine dried)."

Last edited:

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being unsanforised and "once-washed", will the Armoury Nigel Caboun jeans shrink at all without being thrown in the dyer? The care instructions state: "We suggest choosing your normal size for the best fit, or take one size up for shrink to fit." It's the shrink to fit part that's a bit ambiguous. Thoughts/experiences?

Yes. Why do you want to do your denim in a dryer?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a 34 and shrunk it down a little bit. Shrunk more length wise, which was good for me since the jeans are pretty long. I'd reckon you could shrink a full size down if you go hard. I did medium heat for 20 minutes. I'd buy the bigger size and try to shrink it in the dryer. Just check on the jeans every 10min so you don't over shrink.

Last edited:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my 3PB in Fox wool linen in olive grove green.
PXL_20210527_171056294.jpg

Aelric

Reaction score
It looks like they've updated the safari jacket design. Anyone know if there are more coming other than the natural linen and brown cotton?

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up my 3PB in Fox wool linen in olive grove green.
View attachment 1616729
Looks great!!
It looks like they've updated the safari jacket design. Anyone know if there are more coming other than the natural linen and brown cotton?
Just those two fabrics at the moment, however the full range of causal jackets are available MTO in other clothes like the jacket above! We'll be focusing on the Safari II next week, with more information on the changes etc.

Reaction score
Can you tell me what size Safari II the model is wearing (and their chest size) on the site?

I typically wear a S or 38/48 and I see the M is pretty close to S

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max - are there any plans to stock something similar to this blazer from RJ?
TA050S11X-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads