• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

JIMIG

Reaction score
Hi guys. Would like your opinion on this.

This is the canvas cotton army chino in cream. Got my regular size, and the waist fits fine. They are fuller than the Armoury sport chinos I own, and a bit fuller and higher rise than all my current causal trousers.

I was wondering what you think of the fit? Would you slim it? I plan on wearing it casually on sunny spring/summer days, either with a linen BD shirt with rolled up sleeves, or with casual jackets such as chore coats and safaris (as shown).

I don’t mind a bit of full cut. However, I want to make sure it doesn’t look off or too gimmicky on me as it is now.

PS: it is selvedge. Would slimming the legs from both sides (I.e. also the selvedge) cause any problems? I don’t mind losing the “visual” aspect of the seam.

Attachments

• FAD19962-B8A3-493D-A716-B5E4A6106E31.jpeg
    FAD19962-B8A3-493D-A716-B5E4A6106E31.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 003ED1B8-A578-4536-943B-998495FA3E7A.jpeg
    003ED1B8-A578-4536-943B-998495FA3E7A.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 0F6665C8-1205-4209-9B45-9C6FD21F918C.jpeg
    0F6665C8-1205-4209-9B45-9C6FD21F918C.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 246
  • 6A104EF9-787D-4675-A464-9BC9EEB7405C.jpeg
    6A104EF9-787D-4675-A464-9BC9EEB7405C.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 26A5056F-89FB-427E-ABB2-126CABE3D12D.jpeg
    26A5056F-89FB-427E-ABB2-126CABE3D12D.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 5202B2FB-47C3-4C54-865E-24C10D72109A.jpeg
    5202B2FB-47C3-4C54-865E-24C10D72109A.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 3F966BB6-D359-45E0-AA8B-D41BC7C52A29.jpeg
    3F966BB6-D359-45E0-AA8B-D41BC7C52A29.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 92975BFC-4466-43BF-A2FA-3E26E1AF793C.jpeg
    92975BFC-4466-43BF-A2FA-3E26E1AF793C.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 387

asewonder

Reaction score

This is the canvas cotton army chino in cream. Got my regular size, and the waist fits fine. They are fuller than the Armoury sport chinos I own, and a bit fuller and higher rise than all my current causal trousers.

I was wondering what you think of the fit? Would you slim it? I plan on wearing it casually on sunny spring/summer days, either with a linen BD shirt with rolled up sleeves, or with casual jackets such as chore coats and safaris (as shown).

I don’t mind a bit of full cut. However, I want to make sure it doesn’t look off or too gimmicky on me as it is now.

PS: it is selvedge. Would slimming the legs from both sides (I.e. also the selvedge) cause any problems? I don’t mind losing the “visual” aspect of the seam.

They look great to me. And you can probably wash them without worrying too much. What size did you go with?

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey man! These look fantastic! The fit is exactly as intended, plus the styling is awesome, especially with those casual jackets.

I would recommend wearing and washing them a bit. The cloth is pre-washed, but there's always some changes with selvage cotton, especially depending on how you wash and dry them.

If you're really set on slimming them down a bit, I wouldn't do it from the outside seam, but rather from the inseam, as to not mess with the selvage edge of the fabric.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I also think the cut looks great. Personally wouldn't slim them if you already have slim chinos. IMO, it's nice to have different options. Sometimes you want a loose fit to go with certain tops or jackets.

schraiber

Reaction score

This looks great to my styleforum brain, but I can definitely see that normies would find it a bit of a wide fit. Nonetheles, I think it looks great on you and you should rock it!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What everyone lese has already stated, they look great. Wash 'em, wear 'em, enjoy 'em. Concur with @Max@TheArmoury great styling with the overshirt/chore coat (also Armoury pieces?)

JIMIG

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for your input. I really appreciate it!

I will keep them unaltered, and I am looking forward to wearing them in the coming months.

They look great to me. And you can probably wash them without worrying too much. What size did you go with?

Size 32 (sorry, Max.... :laugh:). I would say the waist is true to size.

... I would recommend wearing and washing them a bit. The cloth is pre-washed, but there's always some changes with selvage cotton, especially depending on how you wash and dry them...

Oh - these are also machine washable? If so, that is great news. I had the impression that only the Sport chinos were machine washable.

.... great styling with the overshirt/chore coat (also Armoury pieces?)

Thanks! No, these are from other makers. I will PM you the details as this is the affiliate thread.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks fine, definitely on the roomier side vs what’s on trend these days, but you can wear for a month and if you absolutely hate it , slim it down afterwards

mbb355

Reaction score

These look terrific. I would not slim down.

mbb355

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I had the urge to slim down some of my pants once I started getting into more classic fits. I think that's because getting used to a new trouser silhouette can be difficult when you're so used to slim-fitting pants. Almost like getting a new haircut. But once you get used to it, there's no going back. It looks better and more mature and it's just so much more comfortable. Now I'd never think of slimming down any of my trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads