• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Drumohr knits are phenomenal. Can't recommend highly enough.

Concur. Kopped the navy crew neck. Perfect weight for spring and fall. Nice hand. Great fit.

Here’s a quick fit pic from the day it arrived.

3B1E57D4-5D77-4CFA-B0C4-D0F8F8910A71.jpeg

mbb355

Reaction score
Concur. Kopped the navy crew neck. Perfect weight for spring and fall. Nice hand. Great fit.

Here’s a quick fit pic from the day it arrived.

View attachment 1588635
Yeah and maybe even warmer days too. I think these are basically light enough to be summer/year-round knits. I love that they look good with or without a collared shirt underneath, and with or without a jacket on top. And as someone else noted they're lightweight enough to be comfortable even on warm days but not so light as to feel flimsy or look transparent. And the knit polo collar stands up beneath a jacket better than any similar piece. Just very impressed by these highly useful pieces.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah and maybe even warmer days too. I think these are basically light enough to be summer/year-round knits. I love that they look good with or without a collared shirt underneath, and with or without a jacket on top. And as someone else noted they're lightweight enough to be comfortable even on warm days but not so light as to feel flimsy or look transparent. And the knit polo collar stands up beneath a jacket better than any similar piece. Just very impressed by these highly useful pieces.

Agreed. At least on the crewneck/weight comments, I don't have a polo.

Full disclosure, I have an older Drumohr fine gauge merino knit (charcoal) which is similar in weight. The Armoury fit is definitely preferable (particularly in the length), the weight is very similar, but the hand of the Armoury's has a drier (and more interesting, to me) feel.

mbb355

Reaction score
Agreed. At least on the crewneck/weight comments, I don't have a polo.

Full disclosure, I have an older Drumohr fine gauge merino knit (charcoal) which is similar in weight. The Armoury fit is definitely preferable (particularly in the length), the weight is very similar, but the hand of the Armoury's has a drier (and more interesting, to me) feel.
The polos are great. I'm always in search of alternatives to dress shirts/oxfords to wear under tailoring, as reaching for an OCBD can sometimes feel a little automatic, reflexive, even lazy (much as I love a good OCBD). A knit polo is a smart, year-round alternative. I think the closest comparison to these Drumohr polos is the Permanent Style Dartmoor, which I also like. But I prefer these Drumohrs because the length is more suitable to high-rise trousers (the Dartmoor has a longer length), the Drumohr's hem is nice and thick, and the Drumohr collar looks even better and less fussy or flimsy beneath a jacket. Any other knit polo collars (John Smedley, Luca Faloni, et al) will collapse and look terrible under tailoring.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First purchase registered.
Lack of taxation makes for a very happy boi :bigstar:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diplomatic passport?
Nah. Honestly unsure of the reason, since I most certainly do not reside in a tax averse (CA) state.
In any event, very excited to see how this navy linen rig looks...and how the Model 7 wears.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Does anyone know how is it possible to order a custom tie from Tie Your Tie? There are a couple of tidbits on The Armoury's Journal for a few years back, but no concrete info. Tie Your Tie uses some of the sweetest and most marvelous fabrics that I have ever seen, but I cannot get into their ready-to-wear as the ties are too long for me.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how is it possible to order a custom tie from Tie Your Tie? There are a couple of tidbits on The Armoury's Journal for a few years back, but no concrete info. Tie Your Tie uses some of the sweetest and most marvelous fabrics that I have ever seen, but I cannot get into their ready-to-wear as the ties are too long for me.
You can email the Armoury or contact Tie Your Tie directly to order custom ties. I got my first TYT tie through another affiliate. Ordered some more directly from TYT a few months ago.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
You can email the Armoury or contact Tie Your Tie directly to order custom ties. I got my first TYT tie through another affiliate. Ordered some more directly from TYT a few months ago.
Thank you! What is the approximate price range of a custom piece (at least from your experience)?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! What is the approximate price range of a custom piece (at least from your experience)?
Armoury $310 for 7-fold I believe. Directly from TYT is around 250€, which is around $300. Not much difference. I'd recommend buying from Armoury, free shipping as well. TYT charges shipping unless you're over 600€ or something.

Also, imo, custom TYT ties should be 7 fold. Not worth getting the 3 fold.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Armoury $310 for 7-fold I believe. Directly from TYT is around 250€, which is around $300. Not much difference. I'd recommend buying from Armoury, free shipping as well. TYT charges shipping unless you're over 600€ or something.

Also, imo, custom TYT ties should be 7 fold. Not worth getting the 3 fold.

What is your reasoning behind the worth(lesness) of a three fold tie and the preference of a seven fold tie from TYT?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
(Kenji) Kaga-san told me to buy 7 fold :p

Kidding, but I do prefer how a 7 fold feels when tied.
Alright, thank you! I will give it a try as I can conclude from the articles that TYT seven folds are pretty light actually. The lightness and airiness is what I am after in ties in general.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads