• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

ahtynes

Reaction score
As someone who has never ordered a Model 3 (or any Armoury Sport Coat), do people feel the size charts are accurate? For example the 38 says the chest is 111.5, which is just under 6 inches larger than the 38" chest measurement? Obviously I understand it's a roomier chest fit with drape, but to take an example, it's a full 3" bigger in the chest than the S&M slim fit,and still over 2" bigger than the S&M contemporary fit?

My understanding is that a 6" difference between garment and actual chest size is unusually large?

I take the same size in S&M slim and Model 3. It's not wildly more roomy and my impression is that's the default recommendation.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched Godzilla vs. Kong this weekend, and all I could think about was, "geez, I hope The Armoury survives."
1617645194940.png

vida

Reaction score
As someone who has never ordered a Model 3 (or any Armoury Sport Coat), do people feel the size charts are accurate? For example the 38 says the chest is 111.5, which is just under 6 inches larger than the 38" chest measurement? Obviously I understand it's a roomier chest fit with drape, but to take an example, it's a full 3" bigger in the chest than the S&M slim fit,and still over 2" bigger than the S&M contemporary fit?

My understanding is that a 6" difference between garment and actual chest size is unusually large?
I tried the model 3 in the store a few years ago. The salesperson put me in an eu44, which is a size smaller than my normal eu46. I think it is all about the cut being appropriate for your physique. I am slim and did not find it working for me, and I often think it looks a bit full on some of the posted fit pics. But, I once asked if Alan See took his standard size in the 3, and was told that he does. I always think he looks great.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the model 3 in the store a few years ago. The salesperson put me in an eu44, which is a size smaller than my normal eu46. I think it is all about the cut being appropriate for your physique. I am slim and did not find it working for me, and I often think it looks a bit full on some of the posted fit pics. But, I once asked if Alan See took his standard size in the 3, and was told that he does. I always think he looks great.

Alan and Mark have deceptive body sizes and fit...

The recently released sweatshirts video, Mark and Alan both wore size 2 and claim to wear jacket sizes 46, 48.
Me wearing size 48 is a bit slim and size 50 a bit roomy. I thought size 3 sweatshirt would be good.
Nahhhhh, ain't even close.
Could barely get my head through without ripping the collar.
I exchanged for a size 5 and looked close to what Mark and Alan looked like in the video.

mbb355

Reaction score
I am always in between 36/46 and 38/48. I increasingly take 38/48 these days. I prefer size 48 in the Model 3. The Model 3 in size 46 worked well for me everywhere except in body length--it was too short. The Model 3 in 48 is a good length for me but it's big in the sleeves and waist, which are easy alterations. I find Spier and Mackay's 38-Slim perfect on me so I guess I'd agree that the Model 3's sizing is in line with Spier's (but Spier has more options). FWIW my Model 3s are easily my favorite sportcoats.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm EU46 and took EU44 in AMJ03/Model 3 as well

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for Model 3 I would just go by your usual measurement, which is what basically why I choose EU44 in the first place.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my normal 52 and it fits well. Right on the edge of too short as I’m really 52L but it works. Jacket is 30.7 long and I draw the line at 30.5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads