• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

markphilly

Reaction score
I'll add that I have the suede tassel loafer and find them particularly nice. Great shape and finishing on par for the price point. Flex welt sole is a nice touch.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How good are The Armoury shoes? As I understand they are designed by maestro Yohei Fukuda, but as far as quality goes they are obviously not comparable. So, how do they measure - especially in comparison to Carmina and TLB Mallorca Artista line?

To this day I still lack black cap toe Oxfords and currently am torn between a pair from TLB Artista and a pair from The Armoury. What do you think - how do the quality and construction compare?

Interestingly, I have my eye on the same TLB model and color. I prefer the design of the TLB (subjective) but am wavering between that one and one from Yeossal (handwelted but pricier).

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit cold and windy today, a perfect sendoff for this Ring Jacket Model 6 Vintage Sportex, until the Fall...

IMG_4092.jpg

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you mean another size down from the UK size? Like you're 9.5 US and you would get not 8.5 UK but 7.5 UK?

Yup. Normally an 11 UK and the team brought me down to a 10. I should note that this was the first shoe they released and it was a few years ago and things could have changed.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
As someone who has never ordered a Model 3 (or any Armoury Sport Coat), do people feel the size charts are accurate? For example the 38 says the chest is 111.5, which is just under 6 inches larger than the 38" chest measurement? Obviously I understand it's a roomier chest fit with drape, but to take an example, it's a full 3" bigger in the chest than the S&M slim fit,and still over 2" bigger than the S&M contemporary fit?

My understanding is that a 6" difference between garment and actual chest size is unusually large?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who has never ordered a Model 3 (or any Armoury Sport Coat), do people feel the size charts are accurate? For example the 38 says the chest is 111.5, which is just under 6 inches larger than the 38" chest measurement? Obviously I understand it's a roomier chest fit with drape, but to take an example, it's a full 3" bigger in the chest than the S&M slim fit,and still over 2" bigger than the S&M contemporary fit?

My understanding is that a 6" difference between garment and actual chest size is unusually large?
Spier size 38 contemporary pretty comparable to model 3 size 48 imo. I owned both before.

TC11201

Reaction score

Armoury Model 3 is pretty close in terms of fit to spier contemporary in the same size (adjusting for US/UK versus EU sizing conventions). The main differences are a little more length (in the body), extended shoulders (which does create a different look), higher armholes, slightly narrower sleeves and better construction/finishing on the Armoury Model 3 (as those should be given the price difference). I have 44 in both and the fit is largely comparable. If anything, the spier feels a touch roomier, although the difference is marginal and could be down primarily to the armhole differences. Stylistically, the main difference is that the Armoury Model 3 has more closed quarters, giving it a slightly more formal look. Lapel width and gorge height are roughly comparable, treatment of the rounded chest pocket is about the same, etc. I think the Armoury notch is a bit more elegantly handled, but you’d really have to be looking at each side by side to see that (and/or care about it).

i highly recommend the Armoury - I bought the 3/2 SB Sportex jacket in 44 a few months ago and can second the praise both for the jacket/model and the fabric (which is very distinctive and very cool). Hope all this helps.

Vaichyon

Reaction score
Might this be a good reference? According to the specs at least, the Model 101 fits closer to S&M slim. The Model 3 is supposed to be 3" roomier in the chest and 1" wider in the shoulder than the 101, but I find it hard to notice. The difference in construction stands out much more than the difference in fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads