• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

markphilly

Reaction score
@Max@TheArmoury Did you reduce the rise on the sport chinos? I have a size 48 in navy, probably from 2019, and the rise is about 27cm after a few washes. Looks like the same size is 24.5 now.

A great pair of chinos!

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Tribeca store today and tried on the new 100 Hands shirts. Fantastic handwork and details. Ordered my normal size 16 in a white twill and machine made. I didn't need any adjustments for the standard block, which was great.

For comparison, I wear 16-35 in Kamakura shirts. Regarding fit, 100 Hands has a little more room around the mid section than Kamakura. The thin mother of pearl buttons on the 100 Hands are a lot nicer. I also really like the conical cuffs. Of course the collar designs and options are perfect. Really dig the Armoury collaboration collar and the long button down collar. Will post pictures once I receive the shirt. Excited to see the final product!

Shoutout to Alex and Daniel.

Good thing to know is that fabric prices are in tiers, so final prices can ? quickly depending on the fabric you choose.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
16-35 in which Kamakura model (Tokyo Slim/NY Slim etc.)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is 100 Hands MTO only, just did a quick check on their website I didn't see it listed?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is 100 Hands MTO only, just did a quick check on their website I didn't see it listed?
It's not up on the website yet. For the standard line (machine made), the only things you can change, I believe, are collar and sleeve length. If you want MTM, you start immediately from the Gold Line which is $400+.

I really liked an ice blue chambray fabric, was priced as $350 for standard machine made ?

henriik

Reaction score
Stopped by the Westbury shop last week (shout out to Kamau) and bought the Loro Piana Coarsehair sport coat. Originally was gonna grab something else but the fabric looks even more gorgeous in person and had to kop. Just need some more styling ideas for it now.
cc: @dieworkwear

Also heads up the Ring Jacket 20% promotion apparently ends at the end of this month. Get those suits / sport coats cheaper while you can!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stopped by the Westbury shop last week (shout out to Kamau) and bought the Loro Piana Coarsehair sport coat. Originally was gonna grab something else but the fabric looks even more gorgeous in person and had to kop. Just need some more styling ideas for it now.
cc: @dieworkwear

Also heads up the Ring Jacket 20% promotion apparently ends at the end of this month. Get those suits / sport coats cheaper while you can!

I think that coat can be worn with grey trousers, but I especially like it with mid-brown. Something like this:

23d4e509-cf94-40f8-b743-b3f1b4edb4de.jpg

That's a whipcord fabric in Holland & Sherry's Dakota book. IMO, the Coarsehair jacket looks great with that, a blue oxford shirt, and either black tassel loafers or dark brown derbies.

The Armoury has a similar pair of pants in RTW

rk9m5miz0hjlxcfja8mw.jpg

I really like how that combo has a somewhat tonal vibe, but without going full tonal. Feels very sporty to me, and in line with a lot of Loro Piana brand styling. Sort of different plays on soft, cold hues of brown.

Mark also has some good styling ideas here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads