• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

kaizerpi

Reaction score
I've been in NYC for nearly a decade and my first time in NYC was Westbury despite having visited in HK before. I was so thoroughly impressed by the staff and also how easy it was to just hang out there! Getting the city hunter right before lockdowns was a clutch move for wfh (though I wish I got the wool city hunter 2 now instead of the cotton linen).

dbbradle

Reaction score
I've really been enjoying these shoes from Jacques Solovière. They've made for a great WFH option and are insanely comfortable.

96F92C14-ED05-4445-BBE4-F38E8A94FAD7_1_201_a.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've really been enjoying these shoes from Jacques Solovière. They've made for a great WFH option and are insanely comfortable.

View attachment 1482227

so how does these feel (wearing/softness), like a belgium loafer? not sure about the look though, I guess for for chino that cover the top part it would work anyway

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The look extremely comfortable for lounging around in, which I'd expect from such an unstructured shoe. Not really ideal for long walks, I'd guess.

That being said, I'm not sure how I'd wear them personally. At home, I'd just go with slippers or something similar. And for casual outdoor footwear, I'd rather wear a suede penny loafer.

Still, they look really neat, not something you see every day.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to have the extra length on the trousers made into side tabs in-store? If so, is there any possibility for a cuff at all?
Yes and yes! This is usually possible with all of our trousers, but will ultimately depend on your height.
Any chance of a Fukuda trunk show, virtual or in person?
Unfortunately it's unlikely we'll be able to have in person for a trunk show in the next few months, but virtual is always an option! We are also able to do MTO outside of trunk shows.

View attachment 1482227
This is exactly how we intended them to be worn! Nice look!
I like how Mark calls them wonton shoes.
?

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's unlikely we'll be able to have in person for a trunk show in the next few months, but virtual is always an option! We are also able to do MTO outside of trunk shows.

For MTO Fukuda, would we be limited to variations on the RTW styles you offer, or would we be able to order other types of shoes, like loafers or monk straps?

dbbradle

Reaction score
How did you size on these?
I took a 42 and think the fit is great. I’m a 9.5UK in EG and 9UK in St. C.
so how does these feel (wearing/softness), like a belgium loafer? not sure about the look though, I guess for for chino that cover the top part it would work anyway
My only point of comparison to a belgium loafer is a pair of Baudoin & Lange Sagan’s that I recently picked up. They are very close in feel and comfort. Too close to call IMO. The crepe sole helps a lot with this, and as a bonus it minimizes noise while walking around the house.
I guess when you buy into this look you would embrace the "folded" look.

What i am concerned about is the folds at the top where it ends, when you walk or bend, does it eat into foot and thus be uncomfortable?

It’s been a non-issue for me. The only time I’ve noticed a pinch near the folds is when I’ve overtightened the laces.

dbbradle

Reaction score
The look extremely comfortable for lounging around in, which I'd expect from such an unstructured shoe. Not really ideal for long walks, I'd guess.

That being said, I'm not sure how I'd wear them personally. At home, I'd just go with slippers or something similar. And for casual outdoor footwear, I'd rather wear a suede penny loafer.

Still, they look really neat, not something you see every day.

I’ve been wearing them around the house and for short walks to the cafe. While slippers are great I find myself wanting more options now that I’m working from every day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads