• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

markphilly

Reaction score
The sport chino is much more casual pant in the detailing. Heavier cotton than the Model A cotton trousers. The Model A works with a suit or a sport coat. The sport chinos work as casual pants or with a sport coat. Largely, it's about the degree of formality.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Max@TheArmoury , would you be able to provide measurements on the white washed selvedge jeans? I guess in 32 would be helpful, specifically waist, rise inseam and hem.
Sorry for the delay on this!
White Denim Size 32:
Waist Across - 41.5 cm
Front Rise -26.5 cm
Inseam -85 cm
Leg Opening - 19 cm

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Max@TheArmoury what’s the difference between the model A cotton trousers and the sport chino?
Thanks @markphilly and @hpreston You guys were spot on. The differences are largely in construction and cloth. The sport chino is more of a cross between an "Army" style chino and a standard cotton trouser. We took some of the details, including the one piece waistband and raised stitching, but refined them a bit so they could still be paired with a casual sport coat. The cloth is also a bit more rugged and meant to be able to be washed at home.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
Thanks @markphilly and @hpreston You guys were spot on. The differences are largely in construction and cloth. The sport chino is more of a cross between an "Army" style chino and a standard cotton trouser. We took some of the details, including the one piece waistband and raised stitching, but refined them a bit so they could still be paired with a casual sport coat. The cloth is also a bit more rugged and meant to be able to be washed at home.

max, when do you think you’ll be getting more of the sport chino in stock? Color options are pretty limited right now in my size :)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello @Max@TheArmoury, two questions on the new turquoise silk vacation shirt - 1) what is the general care for these, and 2) will The Armoury be getting any restocks in size 40? Thanks!

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello @Max@TheArmoury, two questions on the new turquoise silk vacation shirt - 1) what is the general care for these, and 2) will The Armoury be getting any restocks in size 40? Thanks!
I would say dry clean only, it's a thin silk. Jim found the silk for these shirts at a vintage fabrics shop and bought all they had, so it's unlikely that we'll receive any restocks. We can always make the vacation shirts through our made-to-order program, and help find a similar fabric!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so what do people think

this
1597959961008.png

or this (no link, it's from the HK store)
1597960043933.png

ideally I wanted this, but sold out in EU44
1597960101332.png

markphilly

Reaction score
I bought the gun club jacket from this season and it's really, really great. I also almost bought the POW jacket but opted for the former because it slotted better into my lineup. The blue check aligned a bit better with my propensity for blue. But, the POW is really beautiful. I got to try it on in person pre lockdown when the samples were in.

You can't go wrong with any of these, IMO.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want the last, but it's sold out in my size (EU44), not sure if they have the top one in my size in HK (definitely not in NY), the middle one they do have my size in HK which they can ship, just not sure about the "yellow" in it

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want the last, but it's sold out in my size (EU44), not sure if they have the top one in my size in HK (definitely not in NY), the middle one they do have my size in HK which they can ship, just not sure about the "yellow" in it
Yeah, I'm a little unsuire about the yellow in that jacket. One of those things I would buy but then discover I never wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads