• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Max@TheArmoury. I just received the Model A chinos and am noting the care tag says to handwash and avoid tumble drying. Have you found it's a bad idea to do these things with these pants?
That's a great question! The tag's recommendations are straight from the Ring Jacket factory, based on the other trousers they produce. However, we have made our own cloth and design changes, specifically to the side seam stitching and waist-band to make sure that these are safe to wash and wear.
Check out this video where Mark goes in depth on these chinos, as well as this great new video where he highlights the details of different trouser silhouettes.
Enjoy the new pants!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great question! The tag's recommendations are straight from the Ring Jacket factory, based on the other trousers they produce. However, we have made our own cloth and design changes, specifically to the side seam stitching and waist-band to make sure that these are safe to wash and wear.
Check out this video where Mark goes in depth on these chinos, as well as this great new video where he highlights the details of different trouser silhouettes.
Enjoy the new pants!

Thanks, Max. I like simplicity.

It's actually those videos that led me to this purchase, as I'm sure the keepers of The Armoury's conversion funnel data will like to hear.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Max. I like simplicity.

It's actually those videos that led me to this purchase, as I'm sure the keepers of The Armoury's conversion funnel data will like to hear.
I hear you! Apologies for any confusion then with the tag, those are often on the more cautious side.

As the keeper of the conversion data, I thank you!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Max@TheArmoury. I just received the Model A chinos and am noting the care tag says to handwash and avoid tumble drying. Have you found it's a bad idea to do these things with these pants?
Enjoy the new pants!

I am wearing the Sport Chinos as we speak, errr ahh type;

I have washed them and dried on low twice since purchase, no issues whatsoever.

They are great, here's hoping for more colors in a fall restock!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi @Max@TheArmoury , would you be able to provide measurements on the white washed selvedge jeans? I guess in 32 would be helpful, specifically waist, rise inseam and hem.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their video about jacket length comparing a suit jacket vs sports coat was really informative.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny thing is I remember how I use to think the Armoury’s trouser were too slim (when I was 8.25 leg opening now like 7.5 to 7.75)

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sport chino uses machine stitching for the seams. Model A has more hand work and a different waistband construction (I could be wrong about this). For the sport chino you can throw it in the washing machine to clean it. Basically that's the difference.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sport chino uses machine stitching for the seams. Model A has more hand work and a different waistband construction (I could be wrong about this). For the sport chino you can throw it in the washing machine to clean it. Basically that's the difference.
Same fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics