• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Correct, the Armoury Model 1 by Ring Jacket is an English Style cut with slightly padded shoulders. The Model 3 is the more Neapolitan cut with unpadded shoulders.

Both my MTM pieces were in the Model 3 silhouette.

Forgot to mention, I routinely get unsolicited compliments on my RJ pieces, more than just about any other piece of tailoring.

oh yea, AMJ01/Model 1, though I thoguht @classicalthunde was referring to some other English flavored guy he is currently using (otherwise assuming he wouldn't be asking for Ring Jacket MtM in the first place)

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I participated in the Spring '19 Trunk show. There were three representatives from Ring Jacket there, along with the host (Michael) from the Armoury team. Note this was my first ever visit to The Armoury.

The process starts with fitting, you are put into a sample suit in the closets size to your frame. The tailor from Ring jacket then looks over the whole suit, shoulders, jacket length, sleeves, jacket waist, waist of the pants, pant length etc. and makes detailed notes. For me, I need a little extra room in the waist (buttoning point) of the jacket, pants waist, slightly shorter jacket, and couple other tweaks.

Once you are fitted, then you pick your fabric. They have tons of books available, some current, some deadstock, some unique to RJ etc. I had a pretty narrow desire for a suit, so I didn’t browse through a ton of books, they were able to narrow down to a few swatches based on my desire (summer weight, mid to dark grey, not solid, with a subtle pattern)

I landed on a Dark Grey, Fox Air glen plaid. Once fabric is chosen, you pick your details, pockets, vents, buttons etc.

Then you wait. A few weeks later, you get a call.

The final product was about a perfect as one could imagine, a slight adjustment to the basted length on one pant leg, and a very minor adjustment to one sleeve. Then they send it off to the local NY tailor for sleeve/pant finishing, and (in my case) ship it out.

After the first suit, I proceeded to order another MTM suit in the fall for F/W, this was done with much less fuss, as all my measurements were already with RJ. I was able to look though a few books, pick a fabric (Fox flannel, mid grey glen plaid with light blue over check), pick the details (pockets, buttons etc.) and in a few weeks, another perfect suit.

I can’t recommend RJ MTM through the Armoury highly enough.
So glad you've enjoyed the process, we can't wait to have you back in the shops soon!

I'll second that. I get a lot of compliments on my RJ coats and could wear them exclusively because the range is extensive. I have five of them so far, all model 3 (two are SS20 jackets in alternations now), and love the fit. They fit me pretty well off the rack with only basic alterations and the Armoury offers a lot of nice fabric options in RTW. I recently sprung for their tuxedo, which I was supposed to wear to its first event next week. Instead, I wore it at home on Friday night. The model 4 has a more structured shoulder.

I'd definitely like to try the MTM service in the future for some more unusual commissions just from my experiences with the product so far.

Looks great Mark!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yea, AMJ01/Model 1, though I thoguht @classicalthunde was referring to some other English flavored guy he is currently using (otherwise assuming he wouldn't be asking for Ring Jacket MtM in the first place)

Correct, I use a separate vendor for English and Trad style jackets, but have been feeling like some Italian-styles more casual sport coats

Valfunde

Reaction score
Anyone here have the wright jacket? Thinking of getting one but the sleeve/arms look like they're pretty long similar to the Valstar Clint.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the linen/Cotten blend used here. I’m trying to determine the seasonality and ability to bounce back if worn at my desk for hours on end....

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those interested, we’ll be chatting with Mark Cho on Instagram Live tomorrow on StyleForum’s Instagram...

28DBB68F-8120-4797-BBD0-D0B664005736.jpeg

dygital

Reaction score
Have a question regarding The Armoury's RTW clothing since I've been wanting a model 3 for a long time. Are alterations included in the price of the jacket? Also, does the armoury/ring jacket sell bolts of the balloon cloth? Ideally I'd want to get a model 3 in RJ's balloon cloth and get trousers made at my own tailor.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have a question regarding The Armoury's RTW clothing since I've been wanting a model 3 for a long time. Are alterations included in the price of the jacket? Also, does the armoury/ring jacket sell bolts of the balloon cloth? Ideally I'd want to get a model 3 in RJ's balloon cloth and get trousers made at my own tailor.
Glad to hear you're interested in our Model 3. Most alterations are included, such as adjusting the waist or the length of sleeves. When it comes to adding functioning hand-sewn buttonholes there is an additional charge. We reserve Balloon only for jackets, as it's open weave structure would not lend well to being made up as trousers. Additionally, it is only available in our ready-to-wear jackets.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta stretch them out haha, other than that, fits my feet really good and like the style. Probably could've size up half a size.

Thanks. Did you buy size according to the advice in the website for that model?

Curious if anyone knows which Northampton maker the Armory commissioned to make the Duane?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did you buy size according to the advice in the website for that model?

Curious if anyone knows which Northampton maker the Armory commissioned to make the Duane?
I usually wear 43 for all my shoes, I have a size 43 Suede Jubilee Split Toe Derby. Hajime last probably has a slightly wider forefoot than Jiro lasted Duane loafters. So for me 43.5 for Duane would've been a bit more comfortable.
I think it's Cheaney, people mentioned it previously.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear 43 for all my shoes, I have a size 43 Suede Jubilee Split Toe Derby. Hajime last probably has a slightly wider forefoot than Jiro lasted Duane loafters. So for me 43.5 for Duane would've been a bit more comfortable.
I think it's Cheaney, people mentioned it previously.
Thanks

ahtynes

Reaction score
If anyone has the S/S 19 Model 3 wool-linen multi-color gun club in a 48, send me a note if you'd be interested in letting it go. Tried to wait it out last year, now regretting it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads