1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This would be a great photo if Alan's socks weren't in them!

[​IMG]

The Ring Jacket Model 184 in grey mixed wool.

[​IMG]

2. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Really like the split toe blucher in the above pic. Would you mind telling me the price ?

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

This would be a great photo if Alan's socks weren't in them!

Great stuff! The Ring Jacket cut is fantastic.

4. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Really like the split toe blucher in the above pic. Would you mind telling me the price ?

+1, very impressed with the Carmina pics I have seen recently. The split-toe posted above looks great. Patrick was also wearing a very nice suede Carmina when I saw him on the recent Chan tour.

5. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Yeah i can't wait for the Armoury e-shop to open, the carmina suede wholecuts are awesome looking.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

carmina rocks, period.

7. yfyf

Ring Jacket Model 184 sport jacket in hypnotic patterned wool that Alan chose.

[​IMG]

Ring Jacket Model 184 sport jacket in plain grey wool that I chose.

[​IMG]

8. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah i can't wait for the Armoury e-shop to open, the carmina suede wholecuts are awesome looking.

why not send yfyf an email/ PM i am sure they could do you a transaction without the E-store being live?

9. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

why not send yfyf an email/ PM i am sure they could do you a transaction without the E-store being live?

Good idea

[​IMG]

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good idea

[​IMG]

chop chop, before the grass grow's!

11. yfyf

We have taken orders over e-mail or the phone already, perfectly happy to do so. If there's anything you have seen in our various photos scattered over Styleforum, Facebook or our website, feel free to ask info@thearmoury.com

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Good stuff, I must drag myself to Central one of these days.

13. yfyf

Taken from our blog and recent newsletter:

How to Furl an Umbrella

Huw Griffith-Jones of Fox umbrellas, one of the finest umbrella makers in the world, recently stopped into The Armoury to check on the latest stockist of his company's fine products. Fox's fine umbrellas typically have a slim silhouette but it takes a certain know-how to maintain that tidy look. While Huw was in, he gave us a quick tutorial on how to properly fold an umbrella which we would like to share with you.

The first image is the before image. Messy, bulky and not terribly good for the umbrella in the long term. Carelessly curling up the umbrella will twist the ribs that hold out the canopy and eventually cause it to deform and possibly break. The correct way to furl is is:

1. Close the umbrella.
    2. Wrap your hand around the metal points at the ends of the ribs to secure them and prevent them from twisting away as you furl the umbrella.
    3. Canopies are pre-creased between the steel ribs. Pinch the top of a single crease and run your fingers along the crease towards the edge of the canopy while stretching the canopy's panel outwards.
    4. Fold the panel over and around the shaft of the umbrella and hold it in place with your thumb.
    5. Repeat for every panel. On our Fox's 8 rib steel or stick umbrellas, you would need to repeat the process 7 times.
    6. Secure the canopy with the strap and button and you're done!

[​IMG]

14. hammer07

hammer07 Senior member

Taken from our blog and recent newsletter:

How to Furl an Umbrella

Huw Griffith-Jones of Fox umbrellas, one of the finest umbrella makers in the world, recently stopped into The Armoury to check on the latest stockist of his company's fine products. Fox's fine umbrellas typically have a slim silhouette but it takes a certain know-how to maintain that tidy look. While Huw was in, he gave us a quick tutorial on how to properly fold an umbrella which we would like to share with you.

The first image is the before image. Messy, bulky and not terribly good for the umbrella in the long term. Carelessly curling up the umbrella will twist the ribs that hold out the canopy and eventually cause it to deform and possibly break. The correct way to furl is is:

1. Close the umbrella.
    2. Wrap your hand around the metal points at the ends of the ribs to secure them and prevent them from twisting away as you furl the umbrella.
    3. Canopies are pre-creased between the steel ribs. Pinch the top of a single crease and run your fingers along the crease towards the edge of the canopy while stretching the canopy's panel outwards.
    4. Fold the panel over and around the shaft of the umbrella and hold it in place with your thumb.
    5. Repeat for every panel. On our Fox's 8 rib steel or stick umbrellas, you would need to repeat the process 7 times.
    6. Secure the canopy with the strap and button and you're done!

Good tip!

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Goddamn it.

16. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Goddamn it.

[​IMG]

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Goddamn it.

[​IMG]

Mind you, I'm going to go home and re-furl my umbrella. I just can't imagine doing it every time.

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

We have taken orders over e-mail or the phone already, perfectly happy to do so.

If there's anything you have seen in our various photos scattered over Styleforum, Facebook or our website, feel free to ask info@thearmoury.com

asked already for the carmina crocogator shoes you have on your fb! are these available?

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

mmm.. pic of that? ^

20. martina2010

martina2010 New Member

That's great news. Congrats you two! Wish I could be there for the opening. I'm sure it'll be spectacular. You both have such broad and excellent taste. I got to try on one of the suit coats by Ring Jacket

Option Poppers