1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. JeffArmoury

JeffArmoury Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That's correct, Hong Kong used to carry Gaziano & Girling but we haven't stocked them in a few years.

We appreciate Tony and Dean's beautiful designs and commitment to quality - it's an amazing product. We just didn't end up restocking them. You may have seen a pair or two in the Pedder and Landmark stores before the rest of the stock was sold. I will adjust the online store to reflect the changes.

Jeff

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

why did you stop stocking G&G?

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

4. JeffArmoury

Hey guys,

A few things

- Ring Jacket will be in our NYC location this weekend, the 14th and 15th, for a MTM and MTO trunk show. With them they bring an awesome selection of Ring Jacket exclusive and vintage Carlo Barbera fabrics. When we talked to them, they seemed really excited about the vintage CB fabrics.

If you're interested in making an appointment you can email us at nyc@thearmoury.com or you can PM me here.

- We just launched a new version of our online store that allows North American customers to order from our US location, so you should expect faster shipping and no more pesky customs. We appreciate everyone's patience as we continue to update product for the spring. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Jeff

1 person likes this.
  5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Jeff, what happened to the measurement charts? For size and fit, all I see is "choose your normal chest size". Also, it doesn't give any info on the trouser drop for suits. Do you guys do swaps for guys that have crazy drops....I am -11?

6. JeffArmoury

Hey there - the sizing charts that were on the original store were rather generic so we are working on an item specific chart right now - something that gives our customers much more information on measurements, drops, etc. It's next in line to be completed so just hang tight.

At the moment, 184 model suits are a drop 6 and AMJ01 suits are a drop 7.

7. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

8. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Can you tell me what the Porter X traveler's briefcase is made out of, is it ballistic nylon?

[​IMG]

9. JeffArmoury

10. JeffArmoury

It's a medium weight nylon with leather trim. I wouldn't say it's as hardy as a ballistic nylon but it will definitely stand up to frequent abuse as that's what it was made for. You can read a little more about it here. If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jeff

11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I'm really upset about missing that. I had wanted to try them on in person and likely get an MTO made. Sadly I will not be back in NYC until April.

12. JeffArmoury

That's a bummer but they will be back in sometime soon.

And remember, RJ doesn't have to be in town for you to do an MTO. We can take them year round. If you're around in April, come see us.

Jeff

13. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Awesome, although actually meant MTM, depending on how they fit me.

14. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

What are the MTO options?

15. JeffArmoury

With MTO, you're able to pick your fabric, lining, buttons, edge stitching, and a few other details. You can also change 3 measurements - length of body, length of sleeve, and take in / let out waist. If you require additional measurement changes we usually suggest going to MTM.

Make sense? I just want to make sure that answers your question.

Jeff

16. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

Jeff,

What is the starting price for a Ring MTM sportcoat?

Thanks - GC

17. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Yup! Sound perfect for a shorter guy like me. Hopefully the sleeve pitch and everything is spot on. When is the next time theyll be there for MTM?

18. JeffArmoury

We don't have a date set but as soon as we know I'll make sure to update the thread. Alternatively, you guys can always visit the Events page for the latest Trunk Show dates.

Jeff

1 person likes this.
  19. JeffArmoury

Hey guys,

A few big events happening in the next two weeks.

Liverano Trunk Show - April 2nd - 5th

We are proud to be hosting Antonio Liverano for the first time in our New York store. Antonio will be in town with Taka and Qemal to take bespoke orders for suits, sport coats, trousers, and overcoats from Wednesday, April 2nd to Saturday, April 5th. To make an appointment, please contact nyc@thearmoury.com or call us at 646.613.7613.

I Colori di Antonio Premier - April 3rd

In conjunction with our Grand Opening and first Liverano trunk show, The Armoury NYC is hosting the USA Premiere of I Colori di Antonio on Thursday, April 3rd at 7 PM EST. The screening will be held at the School of Visual Arts' Beatrice Theater and will be followed by a Q&A with Antonio Liverano and Gianluca Migliarotti, moderated by Bruce Boyer.

We have a limited number of tickets available for $15 per guest. Please visit our webstore here to book.

[​IMG]

Carmina MTO Trunk Show - April 5th - 6th

We will also be hosting Betty Albaladejo from Carmina to assist with Made-To-Order makeups. With her she brings a variety of lasts, leathers, and models to help spark ideas for a new MTO.

To make an appointment, please contact nyc@thearmoury.com or call us at 646.613.7613.

Also, any feedback on the new website would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

2 people like this.
  20. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

What's the price for a pair of trousers? And for a sport coat?